Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The cheaper chicken

If you've seen Father of the Bride (One of my favorite movies) then you will totally get what I am refering to in my title. If you haven't then run do not walk to your nearest rental store or Nexflix and view this film.



Times are tough and with the holidays coming up I have been stressing over what I am going to get everyone. I always try to think of the prefect gift for everyone and try to splurge and get them something they wouldn't neccessarily treat themselves too.

This May my sister gave me a fabulous necklace for my birthday. I was in complete shock and not because she picked out the perfect gift, but because it came in a Marc Jacobs bag! How did my student/no job/no income sister come up with the cash for Marc Jacobs?

There was a simple answer and it wasn't that it fell off a truck.

My necklace came from Marc Jacobs special items section. This is a section that a select few of MJ's stores carry. Items in the section are Marc by Marc Jacobs and most items range from $5 to $25 bucks.

Score! What a sweet gift to give your girlfriends, kid's teachers, work friends etc.

Add some personalized stationary and make a great gift with the lipstick pen.



Has someone in your life recently gotten a new house/apt or learned to drive?
One of these keyrings would make a thoughtful gift.



This mirror compact would go great with a Sephora gift card or some make up items that won't break the bank.



These jewelry pieces can either be given on their own or placed in a jewelry case.



My great birthday gift. Spin the disk and it says I LOVE YOU.



See everything that Marc has to offer here.

2 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

That is one of my all time fav movies ever!! I love Franck, hes the best!

What great gift ideas, I never though of that...I love Marc Jacobs and always check out their store to see what cool things they have. I'm going to have to hit it up on my lunch break today...thanks for the idea!

October 30, 2008 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Lump said...

love the Father of the Bride.

and thanks for the heads up! great ideas! :)

October 30, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home