Wednesday, December 3, 2008

All I want for Christmas

I'm sure my hubby will be happy this year when I tell him some of the items on my Christmas wish list are free. No, it's not his love, but these two beautiful homes!

First up is this amazing Gothic Revival home that is located in New Hampshire. It's free, but it must be moved off the property. Hmm I don't think my backyard is big enough, but I'm sure I could find some place to put it.



Next up on my wish list is a home fit for a princess. I love this Richardsian Romanesque home complete with 2 towers circa 1860 in Louisville, Kentucky. This house must stay put but, it is free to anyone willing to restore it to it's former glory. I'm willing, but let's just say I'm not financially able to restore it. Boo!



This home doesn't fall into the free category, but with the price of houses these days it is pretty much a steal. For only $34,900 I can be the proud owner of this beautiful 1913 Arts and Crafts Bungalow that once belonged to the Kellog's family. Love their cereal, love their home. A Bungalow style home has always been one of my favorites and I really wanted to live in one, but we don't have many of them on Long Island. So now my hubby can make it up to me and buy me a summer home in Battle Creek, Michigan.




Hmm I wonder where my hubby will find a big enough bow to wrap around this years Christmas Gifts.

Ah! A girl can dream.

13 Comments:

Blogger pve design said...

wow - I will tell my family about that one in L-ville.
Pretty cool wish list...!

December 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

If hubby gets you one of those and you offer to let me visit, I'll provide the Christmas bow!

December 3, 2008 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

where'd you find all these?! any in VA?!!

December 3, 2008 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Courtney,

You are always welcomed in my home!

Imagine getting one of those home under the tree!

Wow.

Lauren,

I found these homes on this old house's website. I was waiting at a doctor's office for a while yesterday and went thru the magazine and saw the great section they have on saving old homes.

What a treat it would be to actually get one and fix it up.

December 3, 2008 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

wow...i hope your wishes come true :) very nice!!

December 3, 2008 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I'm in love with the bungalow. This would be close to my dream house. =)

December 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Lump said...

the second home is amazing!

December 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Limestone said...

Its amazing how some of these old beauties aren't appreciated in other parts of the country. It just makes me sad that so many would prefer to build new than restore such an amazing older home. Can you imagine how much that second place would go for locally regardless of condition??

December 4, 2008 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I wish power lines were higher!!! :)

December 4, 2008 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I heard about the one in New Hampshire, my parents live there. I was trying to tell them to give me the back yard so I could move the house there and restore it...I dont think they liked that idea very much. oh well, you cant blame a girl for trying.

December 4, 2008 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Oh my. I wish I could find something like that in my town. I'd put in the work. What a wish list.

December 4, 2008 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

gorgeous! good job with the wishes.

December 4, 2008 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These homes are so amazing! I wish I had the means to restore one to its former glory. What an incredible opportunity to take ownership for free.

December 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home