Thursday, March 19, 2009

Where the magic happens..

No, this isn't a post about my bedroom, but about my office after shots where the design magic happens. Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning my office. Not only the top of the desk, but cleaning out all the files inside and figuring out what could stay and what needed to go.

Here are the results of all my hard labor yesterday:



Close-up shot of desk area. I now have space on the desk for my drafting tools, laptop, cellphone, current design books I'm reading as well a change jar, which I'm using to save up some $$$ for a .... Ghost Chair. I've already broken the news to Jon.



I love that I now have everything out in the open. It use to be pain to figure out where I was going to draw up floor plans because the desk was always so cluttered, but my now my daily items are out there ready to get used.

It's also great to have storage on the wall. The hanging organization pieces were actually purchased at Ikea in their kitchen section! The cups hold my scissors, pencils and pens. The hanging basket holds papers that need to get looked at and not forgotten. Currently it holds a folder with all our tax info, because we have an appointment tonight to get that done, paperwork for a test that needs to get run by the Water company, plus most exciting was in cleaning and going through old paperwork I realized that a furniture company owed me $275 for a delivery charge on a dining room set that had been returned! I had completely forgotten about it. So once I get that $$$ returned it will be going in my chair fund!

Here is a shot of other side of the office:



I moved the white ottoman downstairs to open more space. Then I moved the zebra x bench from downstairs to the office. I also moved the peacock feather pillow up from the living room. I love shopping around my house. I'm constantly moving items around to give rooms a quick change and see what looks best in the room.

Thanks to everyone's great response to the color in the office and how they like it the way it is I'm going to leave it as is for now. We have a Florida room or 3 season room or screened in patio. Everyone has a different name for it. This room is slated to get heating put into it, plus new french doors and will be home to my office/design studio. Since it looks like Jon wants to make this a project for this coming summer. I'm going to hold out for now and use my design ideas for that room.

For right now I'm just going to make a couple of tweaks to get the office picture perfect for my portfolio. Audrey is going to have to leave and make room for a bigger cork board. The wall above the chair is going to house new shelves so that I can organize all my design/work papers, etc. Once that's done I think I'll be a happy lady.

20 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. First time visitng. Your blog is really cute. I love the big Audrey Photo above your desk! Great decorating. Daisy~

March 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving it! and the ghost chair is a must..I am saving for two, to use as kitchen chairs

March 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

It looks great! Its such a great feeling when you are done cleaning and everything is organzied, at least I feel that way :)

I'm so jealous of your future Ghost Chair...how did you get the hubby on board?

March 19, 2009 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Me like-y!

March 19, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Under a Green Roof said...

it looks great! it always feels so refreshing to get clean and organized.

March 19, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Linds,

He is not really on board, but I told him all my blog friends said that since he get's to have a bike I can get my chair. It's going in my office so he won't have to see it. Plus it's practically invisible. :)

He didn't resist it. So I'm just going to do it!

March 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Everything looks fantastic!!! I love every little thing about this room!

March 19, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

You know what might be fun, would be to wallpaper your office. It would be so sweet, I love all the papers at absolute zero design.
It is always so rewarding to spruce, spif-up and be able to find things when order is restored.
pve

March 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Such a great space!!! And I'm so glad you're keeping the blue!! :)

xoxo

ps- yay spring!!

March 19, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Looks fabulous! I am inspired to clean!

March 19, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

what a lovely office...and i LOVE that peacock pillow on your chair!

March 19, 2009 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Maria Killam said...

We all love ghost chairs I think. They are so universally versatile!

March 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

It looks so good! I want an office sooo bad.

March 19, 2009 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Kate Riley said...

Love the new header -it captures you so well.

Also love the Holly Golightly inspirational print. Classicly chic gals are forever.

March 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am jealous - you've made such progress!

March 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

So cute...the pop of color really looks good! Doesn't it feel great to get your office organized? I've just finished some big projects at work and plan to do a little spring cleaning tomorrow...you've inspired me!

March 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Debra said...

Your office looks fabulous! Doesn't it feel good? When my space is all picked up and organized, I don't want to leave the room. GREAT JOB!

March 20, 2009 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Looks great! Wish I was brave enough to do a wall color like that! I love it in others spaces but completely chicken out when it comes to my own home... may be one day!

March 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

great space in a great room, loved it. Wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and tell you not to be a stranger!

March 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Great project! Can't wait to start on my office space.. We're waiting a year to fix it up though.. Laundry room and kitchen first! Hope you've had a great week! :)

March 22, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home