Friday, May 8, 2009

IN HER SHOES: LA DOLCE VITA



This latest featured blogger really doesn't need an introduction. We all know and love Paloma from La Dolce Vita! She is one of sweetest bloggers I know and is always full of encouraging words and of course stylish eye candy that I get to drool over on her site. When I first started this blog of mine Paloma's blog was one of those untouchable ones. She was so cool, so established, totally a big time blogger and I was of course scared to even comment. It needed to be the perfect comment and that was a lot of pressure. I was a reader for a long time, before I actually commented and I'm so happy that I finally did comment. She is so down to earth and we've become dear friends. She is always only an email away and more than happy to hear about my problems whether they are style related or just plain personal. I heart her! Top it off with her latest endeavour in the blogging world, Decorum Design Forum and she has made me one happy lady.

So sit back, get comfy and enjoy a day in the sweet life!
_______________________________________________________

7:30 am – My husband Fabian kisses me and says good bye as he heads out for work. I fall back asleep after a few minutes.

9:00 am – I wake up, check my e-mail and then do a Pilates work out. I used to feel really guilty about sleeping until so late considering the fact that I have woken up so early my entire life. I would wake up at 5:10 am when I was a classroom teacher, so this is a hug change. After thinking about it a bit, I let go of the guilt because I figure that once I have children, I will be getting up early again for a long time. I might as well enjoy it while I can!



10:00 am – 12:00 am – I eat some yogurt after my work out and then hop in the shower. Then, I put on my make-up and go make the rounds on the old internet while I let my hair air dry a bit. I check all of my favorite blogs for new posts, then visit my design forum, Decorum to see what is new. After a little while, I go finish doing my hair and finish getting ready, then return to my office. Today, I am working on a post on stylish work spaces. Mine needs some major help in terms of organization right now. I mainly blame my hubby for this!



12:15 pm- I begin working on lessons for today’s tutoring clients. I usually create supplemental materials and activities to reinforce what they are working on at school.

1:30 pm – I take a break for lunch. Today I have Shrimp Wonton Soup, a Clementine orange, and a ton of water.

2:00 pm – I go back to my office to finish preparing today’s lessons.



2:30 pm- I run to Target to pick up some cereal and milk. Of course, I am distracted while I am there and spend more time here than I had planned to! Check out what I found:



I love these embroidered zig zag pillows and kind of want to get them for my bed.



I can't decide which color combination I like better, though.



I really want to get this Thomas O'Brien Greek Key shower curtain for my guest bath. They have had the display up for months, but have never had it in stock! Unfortunately, it doesn't appear anywhere on their website either. Why must you be such a tease, Target?



4:00 pm- 7:00 pm – Head to my first appointment. From there, I move on to my second appointment where I get to play with the family’s beautiful kitten. He is part Servil and part Savannah and looks like a mini Leopard.



7:20 pm – I arrive home and greet my husband, who has started grilling some chicken and vegetables for dinner.

9:00 pm – Time to watch the Real Housewives of New York Season Finale! Did anyone else think it was kind of a letdown aside from the awesomely bad dancing scene with Simon and Ramona?

10:00 pm – I watch the news with Fabian, and then after he goes to sleep, I go online and do some research in regards to adopting a puppy. I love to research things, but this is exhausting! There is so much to consider. I know that people are very passionate about adopting rescued dogs over dogs from breeders, as can be evidenced in my post. However, I really need a dog that is allergy friendly because I am pretty allergic to most of the dogs I have ever been around. We were thinking about a Labradoodle, but have started leaning towards a Cockapoo because they require less grooming. Labradoodles have to be brushed every day and groomed once a month! Does anyone have any experience with Cockapoos?

11:45 pm – I finally call it a day and head to bed to finish reading Bethenny Frankel’s book, Naturally Thin. Aside from the constant name-dropping and self-promotion, it is actually pretty good and her philosophies make perfect sense.

12:45 pm – Lights out! See you tomorrow!


Today, I wore these cute strappy cork wedges. I got them at Target on clearance for about $12.00 a couple of summers ago. For some reason, I didn’t start wearing them until about a month ago. I actually love them! They are super comfortable and don’t look like $12.00 sandals in my opinion.



Thanks to Camila for inviting me to be a part of this feature!
__________________________________________________________

Hope you all enjoyed the latest addition to the IN HER SHOES series. I'm hard at work getting some interesting people to join in on the fun. Like always let me know if there is someone special you want to see featured and I'll try to make it happen.

We finally have some sunshine today in NY so I am taking advantage and going out to soak up some rays!

Tomorrow I'm trying to drag my poor hubby to this! Since it's my birthday on Sunday I've been pulling the old, "It's my birthday week you have to do what I say!" I'll be sure to take some pictures if I go.

xoxo

Camila

Labels:

27 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Jade said...

love this post. Its so interesting to get some insight into what other people do with their days.
Thank you so much for your comment and I am so jealous that you live so close!! If I had the money I would move there in a heartbeat to go to art school...but who wouldn't?
and yes, the store is quite expensive, i have to say at the time I let me self splurge. :D

May 8, 2009 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

What a great feature on Paloma! I would love to have her as a Spanish tutor, how fun that would be.

Your hubby has to go to the Domino sale with you- it IS your birthday week after all! I wish I lived closer because I'd be dragging the BF to that too.

I hope you have the most amazing birthday weekend ever!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY- xoxoxo

May 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Camila! You made my day! :)

You have to go to the Domino sale and take lots of pictures so that we can live vicariously through you!

Hope you have the best birthday ever!

May 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

Caliente! Her students must adore her!
What a fun day she has. I love the sleep late part and no "guilt!" No siesta, no fiesta!
pve

May 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

this was great and that kitten really does look a little leopard. strange. oh and paloma, adopt a puppy (when you find one you're not allergic to). i've adopted two dogs and it was one of the best decisions i've made!

May 8, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger vicki archer said...

Great hearing about Paloma's day - such a fun series, love it. xv

May 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Another fantastic installments! It makes me so much more conscious of how I spend my time!

Have a wonderful weekend.

May 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely - it's always fun to get a glimpse into another blogger's life. i love La Dolce Vita - one of my favorites!
xox

May 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this feature! and I cried not being in NY for the Domino sale!!

May 8, 2009 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

I love Paloma - she is the best!! This is my fave interview by far!! So great!!

May 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

My vote (and yes, there's self-interest involved ;) - Is to feature a Mom doing it all - design work, kids, hubster - I'd love to hear how a woman juggles design work with young kiddos around.
Have a wonderful Birthday Weekend!

May 8, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to see an "in her shoes" on Erika from Urban Grace http://urbangraceinteriors.typepad.com/the_blog/

She's my favorite and I totally get your blog star intimidation you described.

May 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger My Galveston Cottage said...

How fun! Now, I know what you're doing. I wondered how that worked. Great idea! And love the $12 strappy shoes! -susan

May 8, 2009 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger Jill GG said...

Fun interview... have a great Birthday weekend!

May 8, 2009 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh I love Paloma! She is wonderful! Sounds like a great day to me.

Happy Birthday Camila!!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I am so jealous you get to go that sale! Take lots of pictures!

May 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

That cockapoo is a one cute thang!!

HH- we definitely need to make a Sephora date! Going there is like a kid in a candy store for me....I could probably spend an entire day there...

Have a great weekend!

May 8, 2009 at 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Camila! Hope you have a fabulous day.

May 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Zuniga Interiors Design Studio said...

Love this special In her shoes section! How fun to see a day in the life of...Paloma she is so talented, she has an awesome eye! And seems very sweet from reading her posts on her blog! Glad to find your blog too! I have a design biz in California and am newer to the blogs, but I LOVE it!

Take Care and have a blessed b-day!

Michelle
Zuniga Interiors

May 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Love Me, Love My Dogs! said...

So fun to see in another blog area! Yes, that doggie is precious. Not too small, I know hubby likes that! Go to the dog park, dog show, breeders...visit, touch and play. It will happen!

May 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Daly Essentials said...

I completely share your philosophy on sleeping in. For years I was always the first one up, and now my body really just prefers to sleep til 10. Why fight nature?! Also, I'm so glad that you're enjoying Bethenny's book - I saw her at a book signing for it, and she was awesome in person!!

May 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Verdigris Vie said...

This was quite and enjoyable read. It really is a treat getting a glimpse into the life behind the blog. Paloma you are incredibly genuine.

A very happy birthday to you Camila. Have a fantastic year !!

Vitania

May 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

Happy Birthday! And great post!

May 9, 2009 at 4:13 AM  
Blogger Arianna Belle said...

Camila this is a great series! I'm looking forward to upcoming posts!

Oh and by the way...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :-)

May 10, 2009 at 3:01 AM  
Blogger Maria Killam said...

Totally fun, these posts are such a great idea!

May 11, 2009 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Emily Arrison said...

I adore your "In Her Shoes" posts each week. Thank you for sharing such a nifty idea. Being a designer who works from home, I enjoy comparing my daily routine to the successful gals you feature. Keep them comin'!

— Emily (TimelessPaper.com)

May 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Bonnie- amour amour said...

I am LOVING In her shoes! Fabulous idea!

May 15, 2009 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Summer is a Verb said...

Oh my goodness that kitty! How beautiful...XXOO

November 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home