Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weekend Update: I’m back!

I’m back and I hope I was missed, because I totally missed all of you!

I really can’t thank you enough for all the sweet words and prayers that you sent me and my family last week.



It was so appreciated. It was quite the struggle to get through last week, but in the end family was able to get together and support each other and we all survived!



One of the nice sides of last weeks bad news was getting to see some relatives that we hadn’t seen in a while.



One lovely relative even offered us up his Summer house in Rhode Island and me and Jon happily accepted.



Sunday morning we quickly packed, dropped off the pups at their grandparents house (thanks mom and dad!) and hit the road.



We arrived at this sweet little home  in Narragansett around 3pm.



rhode island 086



We proceeded to quickly drop off our things and get back in the car to get our Crazy Burger fix! A local joint that we were told we must try out.



crazyburger



We then headed out to Newport! One of my favorite places on earth and took in some of the sights!



rhode island 019



Jon also did some fishing off the rocks:



rhode island 025



We then headed back into town where I momentarily ended my relationship with WW and had some yummy Coconut Seven Layer bar ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s and a small, teeny tiny sampler pack of fudge!



benandjerry



We then ended the evening with a stop at the local redbox to rent a video for the night and relax here:



rhode island 095



Pretty much repeated the same thing Monday including the Ben and Jerry’s!



This morning we slept in, packed up and hit the road to get back home.



It was nice to get away for a bit, but I am so happy to be back at home.



Now Jon has already gotten right back into action and mowed the lawn, brought in all our bags, washed the car, etc.  I’m taking a bit of a slower place and can’t wait to settle in and catch up on all of my blog reading.



I’ll see you tomorrow!



xoxo,



Camila

Labels: ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Lynett said...

Welcome back! Of course you were missed! I'm glad you guys had some time to chill!

September 1, 2009 at 6:10 PM  
Blogger A New England Girl said...

I am glad that in spite of all the heartache, you guys were able to have some downtime and relax! I hope you had a good time in RI. We definitely missed you! :)

September 1, 2009 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

I am glad the two of you were able to rest a bit. Welcome back! You were missed!

September 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Welcome back! Though these things are never easy, it was nice to see you were able to relax too. I lived in Narragansett while going to URI and we used to go to Crazy Burger and Newport all the time...your photos made me smile and think of so many fun times! Glad you're back!

September 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, hope you two were really able to decompress!

September 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Glad to have you back - rested and ready to wear your blogstress tiara!

September 1, 2009 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Yansy said...

I'm so glad to have you back! It looks like you both were able to relax. I'm glad you took your little trip. I hope it helped.

September 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger PS~Erin said...

What a nice little getaway. Way to take advantage of the opportunity and relax for a bit. Good to have you back!

September 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Isn't it ironic how sometimes even the not so great moments in life have something to offer us? I'm so glad you were able to spend time with some relatives you hadn't seen and that summer house looks amazing! I have never been to Rhode Island but I would love to visit someday!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I am so glad!

September 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger deliciously organized said...

I'm very glad you're back. I definitely missed your posts. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope you and you're family are doing well. Looks like you had a nice trip away with one of my favorites...Ben & Jerry's!
-carlee

September 1, 2009 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Glad that you all had a nice little getaway on the back end. You needed it, I'm sure. Welcome back to the blogosphere!!

September 1, 2009 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I'm so happy you and Jon had a wonderful weekend away after such a sad end of the week. And let me tell you YOU WERE MISSED!!! Give me my HHFITD eye candy back PUL-EASE!

September 1, 2009 at 10:59 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

welcome back...my prayers are still with you all...have fun catching up...the blog world never stops.

September 1, 2009 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my, at least you guys definitely found a positive in the negative. it's good to see you had such a sweet get-away!
xox

September 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun!! I am glad you were able to relax despite all that has happen

September 2, 2009 at 12:15 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

Settle in slowly. Glad you were able to get away and to have time near the water is always restorative.
pve

September 2, 2009 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger kadler said...

Welcome back! This looks like such a great little vacation :)

September 2, 2009 at 2:40 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

so glad you're back & got a nice weekend in after all!!!
xoxo

September 2, 2009 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I was in Rhode Island for the weekend too! What are the chances? Me, a little ole gal from Alabama, in Rhode Island the same weekend as Mrs. High-Heeled Foot in the Door!

I wish the weather had been a little more cooperative... we didn't plan for the chilly nights and didn't really want it to rain... but it was pretty cool (for a girl from the south) and it poured all day on Saturday.

Sorry to hear about your tough week. With time..

September 2, 2009 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

Glad you are back! Yay for last minute vacations. I bought my fabric last week but haven't had a chance to make the curtains yet, hopefully this weekend!

September 2, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

welcome home. hug.

September 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so nice to have a lovely little getaway after an emotional event. I bet if felt so good...and what a lovely place to do it in.

My best,
Tricia

September 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Newport is gorgeous - glad you got to spend a relaxing weekend there to recuperate from a stressful week. The summer house looks adorable!

September 2, 2009 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

SO happy you are back. Missed you!

September 2, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Welcome back. It looks like you had a nice getaway, but I wish that it had been under happier circumstances:)

Glad that the fam got together and hugged it out. I hope that Jon's grandmother is doing well.

September 2, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been out of commission for several days- just saw your posts and I'm so sorry to hear the news. I hope you have a peaceful rest of the week!

September 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home