Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I’m back! Part 1 Vacation Recap!

Hi Everyone!

 




I’m so happy to be back! We all had a wonderful time while on vacation, but I must say I was getting a bit antsy everyday not knowing what was going on with my blog friends! Towards the end of my vacation I got a little wi-fi access so with the help of my iphone I was able to clear out of my mailbox and read some of my favorite blogs, which was nice.

 



I hope you all enjoyed my guest bloggers! I think they all did an amazing job with posts full of such great information! I know I bookmarked a bunch of the sites they referred in their posts.

 



Now I hope I don’t bore you with some vacation pictures, but I thought you would all like to know how my vacation went. We landed in Bogota, Colombia on May 14th!

 



This our view on our car ride to where we were staying. I loved getting to see mountains everywhere!



DSC03345 



We went and saw my grandma the first day. (*I have no pictures of this on my camera will have to wait to see what my sisters got on theirs!) The very next day we left 3 days at relatives finca. A finca is like a summer home. About 2 hours away from Bogota you can find yourself in some nice warm weather.

 



On the road to finca:



DSC03371

 



Sorry for this fuzzy picture we were in the car, but I had to share my cute elephant find!



DSC03375

 



The best part about a trip to Colombia has to be the food! So of course we stopped along the way.



DSC03378

 



Of course we had to stop in for our favorite soda….Colombiana. Not sure exactly what’s in. Jon describes it as sort of cream soda, but it’s delish. If you want to try it out yourself they normally have bottles in your international food aisle at the market.



DSC03380 



Yum our food finally arrived and we got to munch on an arepa with queso!



DSC03381 



After a little more time in the car we finally arrived!



DSC03435

 



Isn’t the house pretty?



DSC03458

 



Around back there was a massive pool and game room along with many guest rooms below the pool area.



DSC03400

 



Here is a view of the house from the back.



DSC03417 



After a day of fun in the sun and pool we left the next morning to another finca with even higher temps! While we stayed in the house below it reached about 135 degrees!

 



DSC03520 



Back view of the house with a shot of the pool, which was almost always in use due to the massive heat!



DSC03548

 



I loved the inside mini courtyard in the house.



DSC03554 



While we were here Jon got his wish to go fishing!



DSC03487

Ok I didn’t say he was guaranteed to catch something big, but at least he had the experience. :)

 



Plus check out this picture he was able to take:



DSC03493



Isn’t it amazing? It’s the mountains and sky reflecting on the lake.

 



Back at the finca Jon found more friends like this little guy:



DSC03542 I seriously wanted to stuff him in my suitcase! The dog not the husband. :)

 



Jon also found this little guy in the trees:



DSC03535 Doesn’t it look like he is smiling for the picture?

 



After 2 days in Carmen de Apicala we returned to Bogota to visit with grandma again and then get to sleep, because we heading out the very next day to another amazing locale!

 



Stay tuned to my afternoon post so you can check that out. I’m already in love with the town and ready to pack up all my things and move!

 



* Also while I was away my homegood give-away ended. I just used www.random.org to pick a winner and it’s Whitney! I’ll be emailing you to get your contact info! I hope to have more give-aways from Homegoods so don’t worry if you didn’t win there will be more opportunities!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Welcome back!! Those houses are gorgeous! How lucky are you?!? Looks like you had a wonderful time- can't wait to see the rest!

May 25, 2010 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Welcome back! I wouldn't want to come from that trip either! I'm so glad that you had a great time.

May 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

Welcome back, and that pic Jon took is beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

May 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Your trip looks amazing! I'm still sad you didnt stuff me in your suitcase, but these photos are doing a great job of making me think I was there.

I cant wait to see more later!

May 25, 2010 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

What a beautiful house. It looks like a great trip!

May 25, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Jon looks like quite the animal charmer with all those pictures. Can't wait to see more!

May 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM  
Blogger Welcome said...

Welcome Back - Awesome PICs!!! Hope you had a GREAT vacay!!!

XOXOX
Kiki

May 25, 2010 at 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Laura@JourneyChic said...

Welcome back! What a great trip. The house is so pretty - I would happily take a dip in that pool!

May 25, 2010 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

So glad you're back - You're guests were fabulous! That queso looks delicious!

May 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Looks like an amazing trip! That lake picture is a framer for sure!

May 25, 2010 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger LiveLikeYou said...

LOVE Colombia, the people and the food! Spent an unforgettable time there.

May 25, 2010 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger paula said...

wow, this looks gorgeous.

May 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Bienvenida!!! It looks like you had a great great time!

May 25, 2010 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Glad you had a good time! The house is so beautiful! It reminds me of houses in Brazil (where I'm from)...now I want to book a trip there!

May 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home