Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Centsational Girl's Favorite Etsy Shops!

Hi All,

Hope you enjoy today's guest blogger! It's from one of my favorite ladies that rules when it comes to DIY! I'm constantly amazing by all the cool things that she makes.

xo,

Camila
_____________________________________________________

G’day everyone ! It’s Kate from Centsational Girl here – blog sitting for Camila while she’s away. She’s on strict orders to relax, have a grand holiday, and have several cocktails on me !

Like many of you, I’m an Etsy addict ! I love to go shopping for great finds that are handmade by creative artists or small companies. It’s my way of supporting small businesses instead of big box (not that I don’t shop Tar-jay and Ikea, love them!)

Here are ten of my picks from Etsy – all decor for under $50 dollars and each offers just that little personalized punch of pizzazz for your home !

Chalkboard wall decal from Elephannie, don’t you love it’s ornate edges and perfect proportions for a door ?




This doily clock is the perfect marriage of vintage style and modern graphic, available at And Furthermore.




Original charcoal and watercolor dress paintings by Lauren Maurer. I love these for a vanity, dressing area or closet, or any space you want to add feminine flair !





Vintage wood crates are available at The Fancy Lamb, your perfect nostalgic display or storage solution !





Burlap and grain sack pillows by Heidi Devlin Designs for that European country feel.



This ceramic berry bowl by Brookhouse Pottery goes from sink to table. I imagine my farmer’s market blueberries in it. It’s perfect for rinsing and serving summer fruits !




Speaking of blue, I’ll take two of these lantern trellis pillows please, available in several other patterns and colors at Nena Von.





How about this turquoise woven plate by BPR designs ? This waffle dish is de-lish and makes a stunning statement on a coffee table, what a perfect pop of fresh color.




Add a dash of panache to your desktop with these paperweights from The Shabby Chic Cottage.





Bring your love for the outdoors in with these love birds on branches, available at Styley Walls.




Thanks so much Camila for letting me takeover your blog for a day, hope you are having a blast and we can’t wait to hear all about your adventures south of the border !

xoxo

Kate

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Tonia Lee Smith said...

Such fabulous things on Etsy.

May 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I ADORE that chalkboard on the door! So cute! I think that's a must have for my girls' room!

May 19, 2010 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Dennisse Lisseth said...

I love those burlap pillows. Especially the one that says "vintage".

May 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Great finds, love the chalkboard decal and the pillows...bookmarked both!

May 19, 2010 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Richella Parham said...

Trust Kate to come up with such wonderful Etsy finds!

This is actually very helpful to me, for I'm an Etsy novice. I had no idea of the treasures awaiting there!

May 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger bprdesigns said...

Thanks for including my woven glass plate in your great selection! And now I found some new Etsy favorites!!

May 19, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Fabulous finds! That artwork is wonderful!

May 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I am loving all these etsy finds.

May 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Great round-up of Etsy sellers. Love those navy pillows in particular.

May 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

The chalkboard decal is trés cute. :)

May 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Lauren Maurer said...

What a great eye you've got! Thanks so much for featuring me and to everyone who popped in my Etsy shop to take a peek! :)

May 20, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home