Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Vacation Recap Part 2!

The middle part of our trip was spent in a locale know as Valle de Leyva. I remember visiting this town on our last trip (15 years ago) and I fell in love!



Take a peek at my pictures and see why it was love at first sight.



The main plaza in town:



DSC03639



DSC03640



Since I haven’t shown any shots of me yet I figured I would thrown one in for all to see I was actually on this vacation! :)



DSC03774



I loved seeing all the green & white throughout the town.



DSC03783



Aren’t my parents cute? I snapped this picture without them knowing while we were shopping in town.



DSC03782

A restaurant in town:



DSC03775



A snap of the city at dusk:



DSC03638



Now me must be wondering where we actually stayed. Well my mom has a dear friend from college who knows spends half her time here in an unbelievable house and runs a charming shop in town. *Hello dream life!



Entrance to the house where we were staying:



DSC03623



Side view of house. I really don’t think I would ever tire of all of those beautiful mountains in the background.



DSC03667



Don’t you love this front door?



DSC03664



This is the entry way.



DSC03587



Once you get past the entry way you are met with this amazing courtyard. Step out of any of the bedrooms and you get to the amazing fountain and amazing plant life all throughout.



DSC03669



To the right of the fountain:



DSC03601



Door to the backyard:

DSC03576



This house has 3 super cute dogs in it and through that back door you find their dog houses:



DSC03683



A peek into the lovely homeowners bedroom:



DSC03598



A little vingette outside in the courtyard:



DSC03714



Another little horse hanging out:



DSC03621



A little seating nook outside one of the bedrooms:



DSC03680



A seating area outside of the kitchen/dining room:



DSC03611 I seriously was trying to figure out a way to jam those side chairs into my suitcase! :)



Here I am in one of my favorite chairs:



DSC03697 DSC03699



I of course couldn’t decide if I liked my hair up or down so I had Jon take both!



Colorful dining room set up. Love the massive windows! Plus the view isn’t too shabby!



DSC03584



To the left of the dining room. The little kitchen filled with yummy food and more eye candy.



DSC03606



Another little nook in the dining/kitchen area. I love the massive fruit holder.



DSC03693



Next to the dining/kitchen area is a family room:



DSC03706

I loved that red bench next to the fireplace. Tried squeezing that into my suitcase as well. :)



This is the view opposite the fireplace.



DSC03591



Loved this wood flower shaped bowl. I was so sad to hear that the store where it came from was no longer around.



DSC03593



These striped colorful rugs were all over the house in different colors. I loved them. They are all hand made in Colombia out of natural fibers and come in a variety of sizes.



DSC03708

DSC03707

DSC03710

DSC03712



My mom’s friend Pia has a store in town and it’s in this little courtyard.



DSC03624



Here is a peek inside. I couldn’t take it all in at once. So much great stuff.



DSC03626



My favorite thing in the shop had to of course be something with elephants. Isn’t it sweet looking?



DSC03632



By now I’m sure I’ve talked you all into visiting and since Pia can’t house everyone I thought you would like a peek into the most exclusive hotel in town.



DSC03720



Outside of reception:



DSC03726



Courtyard:



DSC03729



Hallway with guest rooms:



DSC03735



Stairs, stairs and more stairs to get a peek at the amazing view:



DSC03732



Look at that view. Wasn’t all those steps worth it?



DSC03746



On my way down I snapped a picture of Marlboro man… I mean my husband.



DSC03738



As I was running down all those steps I ran into a lounge room that had an amazing ORANGE tufted sofa with navy blue curtains and pillows! Loved it. So I had to sneak in for a shot.



DSC03745



On our way down we found the pool area.



DSC03758



Cool pool shower. Jon would only take my picture if I pretended to shower. :)



DSC03756



The flowers everywhere were simply beautiful.



DSC03742



A final good bye shot with my mom and dad.



DSC03725

If you are interested in the hotel it is known as Duruelo and a double room in dollars is between $77-$83. Craziness!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Green said...

Welocme back - looks as though you had a wonderful time. love all your photos - you really captured the essence of the place. looks very enticing and a lovely trip. thanks for all the guest posts too - they were really interesting! KG

May 25, 2010 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Looks amazing. Beautiful pics.

May 25, 2010 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

Wow! Looks like you had an amazing time...I would love to go visit!

May 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Holy beautiful!! All that color in the homes is just outstanding, looks like a wonderful vacation. I love the two pics with you and your hair up and down...totally something I would do too. And Jon in the cowboy hat..total Marlboro man :)

So glad you are back!

May 25, 2010 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Wow! I so enjoyed all your pictures, Camila -- it looks wonderful (and I am so envious you were able to wear tights and a scarf! -- it's BOILING here in TX). I can't get over how gorgeous your friend's house is....dream life is right!

Thanks again for letting me guest blog -- I enjoyed it!

May 25, 2010 at 9:15 PM  
Anonymous Laura Casey Interiors said...

Love it all!! Looks like you had a great trip.

May 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

What an amazing place! The colors are perfect and yes I love that door too!

May 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, your ensembles are amazing!

im going to be in NYC this weekend...

May 25, 2010 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SO SO beautiful! I would love to stay in that home ... or the hotel. WOW!!!

I love the cobblestones! Love.

:) Laura

May 25, 2010 at 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

What a beautiful place! It looks so lovely, warm, and cozy. Your parents are so cute too!

May 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Welcome back. Loved looking at your photos and hearing all about it!

May 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Kit said...

You don't know me but...
I am totally missing Colombia! I've never actually been to Villa de Leyva (it's on my places to see in Colombia list). You totally captured everything that is wonderful in Colombia, the food, the architecture, The Color, even the climate. I'm dying to go back to Bambi, or have another cup of chocolate from my Suegra.
thanks!

May 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger deliciously organized said...

Wow, these photographs are absolutely beautiful! Glad you had a nice trip!

May 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

So very beautiful! Looks like an amazing trip.

May 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Looks amazing! thanks for sharing the hotel info - you're outfit in the last picture is adorable! I love those boots!

May 26, 2010 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Whoa! Talk about sensory overload- So many beautiful photos in one post! You found such beautiful pieces of furniture! That orange tufted sofa is so you! Glad to have you back!

May 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home