Monday, June 14, 2010

I heart Nate Berkus

What can I say about Nate? Only good things of course. He is funny, sweet, charming, warm, passionate, talented and of course I must mention that he is absolutely gorgeous!

 



He is one of my all-time favorite interior designers and we go way back!  Nate might not remember this, but I was at one his very first book signings for Home Rules in the front row!

 



Here I am with friends in the front row! Check out the lady to my right it’s Brooke from Fabulous Doodles.

 



nateberkusbooksigning 



Here’s Nate waiting to sign our books!



nateberkusbooksigning3



That book signing was way back in 2005! From his days on Oprah, to seeing his own designs hit my favorite shelter magazines to being able to purchase items designed by him for my home I’ve been along for the ride.

 



Nate’s latest venture is his own show that is set to launch on September 13th! Due to the savvy nature of a pair of bloggers know as the Moggit girls and the power of twitter there will now be an audience of design bloggers at one of the shows!

 



Now you might be wondering why a lot of your favorite design bloggers are discussing Nate today. Well Julieann of CreateGirl came up with the idea to make today Nate Day and get Nate excited for his blogger filled audience.

 



You can check out all of the bloggers takes on Nate here!

 



Ok now back to the matter at hand. My favorite Nate room! Of course I can’t just pick one so here are my favorites!

 



Who doesn’t love Nate’s Manhattan apt? Those white floors, those lacquered doors and tasteful accessories! Once Nate realizes we are meant to be BFF it’s nice to know he has a place to stay well visiting me. :)



nateberkus1 



This room totally speaks to me and I feel completely reflexes who he is. It’s simple yet  elegant with a touch of glam and world traveler thrown in for good measure.



nateberkus2



I have no idea where this room is, but I love all the weathered pieces in the room. I’m dying to see pictures of the rest of this house.



nateberkus3 



So simply yet this set-up speaks volumes to me. Love the natural wood, the element of nature, amazing light fixture. 



nateberkus4



Since I’m a huge color lover I must say this room is one of my all time favorites. Love all the tufting. Love the green sofa! Love those burlap like roman shades! Love the shelves to house all of your treasures from travels. Love, love, love!



nateberkus5 



This is another love, love, love room. Amazing flooring…check, amazing chairs…check, amazing tulip table….check, amazing lighting fixture…check. Truly a stunning room!



nateberkus6 



Oh Nate I feel like I’ve watched you grow since the very beginning. I wish you nothing, but success! Can’t wait to see the show and I hope to get be in the blogger audience!

 



What’s your favorite Nate room?

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Erika Ward said...

I heart Nate, too! I love the fact you got a chance to meet him in person. If I catch him in Atlanta, I'll be dragging him home with me ;-)

June 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

That living room with the green tufted sofa is going straight into my inspiration files - it's gorgeous!

June 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Me too, I love Nate too! My post will go up after Noon. Can't wait to see what happens with all of this. I would love to be in that audience too.

June 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Morgan said...

Awesome post! I love me some Nate as well. Who doesn't!?

June 14, 2010 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Dumbwit Tellher said...

Now that is a serious list of great bloggers to tribute Nate the great today. Fab idea and you posted so many of his greatest designs. He had me a lacquered doors and mid-century brass light fixtures. Great fun today, thanks!!

June 14, 2010 at 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Well how did I not know it's Nate Day. My favorite gym buddy :) If this blogger audience thing happens I HAVE to go! I wanna meet all the bloggers and being a ChiBlogger myself?? I mean come on! Plus, Camila, if you are in Chicago...you could always stay with me! I'm no Nate, but I think I'm pretty cute too!

June 14, 2010 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Love him! so jealous you actually got to meet him!

here is my post for Nate Berkus day!
http://helloloverofbeautifulthings.blogspot.com/

June 14, 2010 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Pink Frenchie said...

Amen! Nate is an inspiration! I just don't think I could choose just one favorite room. In almost every space he pulls together, I gush over his eclecticism and elegance.

June 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

He is just the cutest! Can't wait for his show this fall :)

June 14, 2010 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Visual Vamp said...

Great Nate round up!
I loved the Elle Decor cover and editorial.
Check out my Nate Valentine too :-)
xo xo

http://visualvamp.blogspot.com/2010/06/i-brought-nate-berkus-home.html

June 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM  
Blogger Brooke Hagel said...

OMG Cam I seriously remember that day like it was yesterday! And I posted pix from the book signing too! www.fabulousdoodles.blogspot.com

June 14, 2010 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Mendie said...

oh he is dreamy...both to look at and to have decorate for you! That's awesome you got to see him up close and personal.

June 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Great picks Camila!! We all love Nate!!

June 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Great pics -- a lot of these I haven't seen before (always fun!). I'd say my favorite project of his though is Katie Lee's home...or maybe his sister Marni's....or...

So hard to choose!

June 14, 2010 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

The last two rooms are AMAZING!!

love love love Nate!!

xx
dagny


PS - We're hosting a giveaway with Norwegian Elle Interiør for a full year's international subscription!

June 14, 2010 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Incredibly talented, and cute as a button!

June 14, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Hamptontoes said...

Love Nate Berkus...his style is right up my alley! And, he is easy on the eyes!

June 14, 2010 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Creategirl said...

FANTASTIC, I love your long connection to Nate! Those last 2 rooms are not ones I have seen yet today. Love the rug too! Thanks for joining in on our NateDay fun!

June 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM  
Blogger Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I like billy joel's ex wifes dining room (townhouse) design! :)

June 14, 2010 at 11:41 PM  
Anonymous ghost chair said...

Nate is great! I love his work - excited he's getting his own show!

June 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home