Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Recap: Moving out

Hi All,

 



Hope you all had a lovely weekend. We had a weekend filled with sunshine and many world cup games that we watched with dad in celebration of Father’s day!

 



While Sunday was relaxing and filled with lots of yummy food and simply hanging out with family Saturday was a bit more hectic.

 



Instead of working on another project me and Jon decided we were going to take it easy this weekend. That was until my sister found and got approved for a new apt, which meant she needed to be out of her old apt in a little over a week. So off we went to help out move some of the big stuff!

 



Do you all remember my fun $350 project in Chelsea?

 



Let’s take a trip down memory lane:

 



After I worked my magic on the space this is what you use to see when you first arrived to their kitchen/dining/living area:



chelsea apt 014 Those chic stools provided extra seating and a spot to place your bags. So happy I saved them from the trash and gave them a new lease on life! The mirrors and artwork were all thrift store finds purchased for a couple of bucks a piece and basic white storage cabinets were re-purposed with a coat of chalkboard paint.

 



When I arrived on Saturday some of the packing had already begun and it looked like this!



chelseaaptmoveout



Walking into their dining nook you were met with a table only a group of girls would enjoy! I went with a bright pink/coral high gloss look:



chelsea apt 018

One of my other favorite things in the room was my folding chairs revamp. I love what the addition of a little fabric, batting and staple gun did to $5 thrift store chairs.

 



It currently looks like this:

 



chelseaaptmoveout2

Can you tell Jon’s a bit cranky that we were taking down all our hard work?

 



If you continued past the dining area you were met with the living room nook. Ah the joys of living in a NYC apt. This was a teeny tiny space to work in.

 



chelsea apt 009

With some pillows, more thrift store finds, a touch of leopard and some designer fabric that was found for a steal we made the existing furniture work and helped tie in the green paint that my sister and her roomies had already painted.

 



Close up of my DIY Chic & Cheap artwork:



chelseaaptcorner

 



My sister must have gotten to work early on Saturday morning, because when we arrived at 11 am we saw this:



chelseaaptmoveout3

Now you can see where everything from those storage cabinets ended up!

 



I have to say it was pretty sad seeing everything taken down and ready to move on. It was a fun project to do and I’m happy they got enjoy it in their first NYC apt.

 



Of course sadness was quickly over shadowed with excitement. I already have the ideas flowing for the new space! Don’t worry I’ll be sure to take you along on the ride.

 



I hope you all had a more restful weekend than that. What did you do?

 



* Don’t forget there is still a chance to enter the 3M give-away!



** Many thanks for all the great feedback. I’m certain you guys are going to love the look and features on the blog! It’s been a big project and I’m happy to see it finally finishing up!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

That photo of Jon makes me laugh- he is so not happy that he has to take this apart already AND he is prob already thinking of all those NEW projects you are going to need his help on. What a sweet guy you have!!

June 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Ximena said...

Many thanks for (1) making my apt beautiful and finally making it feel like a home (2) helping me move out after all that hard work and (3) helping out with my new place soon! :)

You and Jon the best! XO

June 21, 2010 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Moving is one of my least favorite things. Helping someone else move, even closer to the top of the list, you don't even get a new home out of that deal! You are a good sister!

June 21, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Karena said...

Really new projects on the horizon!!

Karena
Art by Karena

June 21, 2010 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Awww that sucks! At least there's pics to keep the memories alive :)

And yay, a whole 'nother place to decorate, how fun!

My weekend was spent finishing up our guest room makeover, which at the moment was 90+ degrees and has no A/C. I'm still not sure what I was thinking besides must.get.after.pics.taken. It's amazing what we go through for the blog isn't it?

June 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

I found your folding chairs post through this one, and I am SO going to make those. I have 2 dark brown folding chairs from our old house that have been in a closet since we moved here. Now I know what to do with them. THanks!

June 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Welcome said...

yes, he is looking very frustrated...that's what happens when you move, its like - where did all this stuff come from....

XOXO
Kiki

June 21, 2010 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oooh I feel you Camila BUT as you said you will have some new fab projects on your hands! yay! cant wait!!

June 21, 2010 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Ooh -- can't wait to see the new space Camilia (and what you do with it!!!). I loved how you decorated their first apartment.

June 21, 2010 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What you did with those chairs is nothing short of fabulous!

June 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

How exciting - I cannot wait to see all you do with your new place!

June 22, 2010 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger prashant said...

you don't even get a new home out of that deal! You are a good sister!
Contextual Ad Network India

June 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

So sad to take everything down...but so exciting to design the new place!!! Can't wait to see it.

June 23, 2010 at 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Android apps development said...

Thanks for the post. I liked it. Keep going I follow you.
Android app development| Android app developer

October 18, 2011 at 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home