Friday, July 30, 2010

IN HER SHOES:Flip Flops & Pearls Design


While I’m still not best friends yet with twitter it is quite the wonderful tool. This week I connected with a fellow blogger who shared my love of Rachel Zoe and later on in the week when I was searching for a lady to feature for IN HER SHOES she came to the rescue.



I’ve had so much going through her lovely blog. I hope you all enjoy a day in the life of Jade from Flip Flops & Pearls Design.
___________________________________



I want to thank Camila for featuring me in her blog today! It is an honor! I wear many shoes in a day...mommy shoes, wife shoes, and of course, designer shoes!



5:30 am



I awake to a little one hoisting herself up on my bed and squeezing in between my husband and me. This is the third morning in the row I have seen her before dawn and I hoping she’ll go back to sleep for an hour before we have to leave.



6:00 am



I accept the reality that she’s up for the morning and get out of bed to get her morning cup of milk and my coffee. Cup number one of many for the day. Today is a busy day for us…my brother and sister just moved into their new apartment the night before and I have to take my mom to the airport for a two-week vacation to Europe. I try to fit myself into her suitcase with no luck. Guess I will be helping my brother and sister unpack their boxes at the new place!



6:50 am



Rush out the door so my mom can make her flight…I have to add that I also had to allot myself enough time to run through the Starbucks drive thru!



INHERSHOESJADECOFFEE



7:45 am



Kiss my mom goodbye and make my way to the new apartment. I am very excited to help my brother and sister decorate their new place and make it a home. Since I am a nice sister, I run through Dunkin’ Donuts and grab some breakfast for everyone!



8:30 am



I am crossing my fingers that they stayed up the night before and got most of the unpacking done, but I was wrong. Oh well, time to get to work!



inhershoesjadechaos



11:00 am



We have made major progress. Almost all the boxes are unpacked and the apartment is starting to come together. I start placing things around the different rooms trying to figure out the best place for all their stuff. It definitely pays to have an interior designer as a sister in times like this!



12:15 pm



Everyone takes a break to get a bite to eat. After lunch, I fight the urge to lie down and take a nap with my little one.



2:45 pm



Make a Wal-Mart & Target run with my brother. He was in desperate need of bedside lamps as well as other odds and ends that you always need when you move into a new place.



INHERSHOESJADELAMPS



5:15 pm



Bid my brother and sister farewell and head home. The little one is beat from playing all day and so am I!



INHERSHOESJADESAIGENAP



6:00 pm



I sit down in my favorite chair to catch up on emails from the day. I got the new Veranda in the mail today…might skim through it really quick…



INHERSHOESJADECOMPUTER



7:00 pm



Time to make dinner for the family! I would love a glass of red wine but I promised to run VERY early with a friend tomorrow morning so I stick with the Pellegrino.



INHERSHOESJADEPELLEGRINO



8:00 pm



All’s quiet on the home front…the little one is tucked into her bed and fast asleep. Speaking of the little one’s bedroom, I found a sketch that my design mentor did 30 years ago and I would like to clean it up and frame it for my daughter’s bedroom. I bought the bedding for her “big girl” room months ago and am just about ready to tackle that project.



INHERSHOESJADEBEDDING



8:30 pm



I am debating watching ‘Remember Me’ with Robert Pattinson but I am so tired from the day, I am afraid I will fall asleep halfway through it. I can’t do that to him so I am saving the movie for another night.



9:30 pm



Off to bed early tonight since I have another full day at my brother and sister’s place tomorrow! I drift off with thoughts of Home Goods & IKEA running through my head!!



______________________________________



A big thanks to Jade for sharing her day with us. It reminds me a lot of my days. Helping siblings with various apt re-vamps, home design work, client work and always thoughts of Robert Pattinson. :)



If you have a special someone you want to see featured on IN HER SHOES please drop me a line and let me know!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Sounds like a full day! Moving is so much fun....NOT!

July 30, 2010 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I loved reading this!!

July 30, 2010 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger Averill said...

Sounds like Jade has a very full schedule! Love these guest posts Camila -- please keep 'em coming!

July 30, 2010 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, fabulous! Jade has such a lovely blog, thank you for featuring her, it is such a pleasure to learn more about someone I like so much!

July 30, 2010 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Wow, so much to do in one day! I can see why you didnt get through all of Remember Me :)

August 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home