Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ottomans in the round

The use of ottomans in living rooms has become quite common. I love nothing more than seeing a tufted beauty being used as a coffee table.

 



While I normally see them in rectangular or square form the use of round ottomans is now coming into play and can seen a lot more.

 

A round ottoman works  wonders in small rooms.  Due to it’s shape  you can fit in more furniture and the curves to the piece add a little femininity to a room.

 



Here are some of my favorite examples of round done right.

 



One of my favorite ways to see it is when it is in the middle of seating area. Doesn’t this space look so inviting and cozy?



roundottoman 



You could also use it as a supporting guest in your room and have it off to the side to provide extra seating or a resting spot for your handbag.



roundottoman2 



With a simple tray it can now be used as a coffee table.



roundottomanbhg 

See how a round ottoman helps pull together many pieces in a small space?

roundottomanbhg2 



If your room is full of neutral an ottoman is a great place to add a pop of pattern to a room.



roundottomancottageliving 



A cool hang-out in a teens room. I know I would be moving it closer to that settee so that I could prop my feet on it.

roundottomankellydeck 



For the tiny tot in your life it works as a great little table set-up.



roundottomandecorpad



If you like some wood exposed in your ottoman my favorite budget friendly piece is this:



Soho Tufted Round Ottoman

 



At only $129 it can easily be recovered using these instructions.

 



You could also easily add a skirt to it and cover up those legs.

 



Images via 1.+ 2. + 7Decorpad, 3.+4.BHG, 5. Cottage Living, 6.Kelly Deck

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Thanks for the inspiration!

July 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I can't get over that cool light fixture!

My mom has a blue suede (maybe suede like) circle ottoman in her living room- it's very chic!

July 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I am planning on making a square tufted ottoman, but the round ones are so much cuter!! I love the pleated skirting!

July 8, 2010 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger McKenzie said...

You're right, a round ottoman is perfection!

July 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Love a colorful round ottoman, a great item to use to bring in print and color! Janell

July 8, 2010 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Round ottomans are such great pieces for any room...all the images were inspiring! I especially like the teens room...wish I had a room like that when I was younger!

July 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Liz Harrell said...

I've been contemplating a coffee table (never had one before), but maybe an ottoman is the way to go? I'm especially loving the orange in that first picture.

July 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger walrus studio said...

I love to put my feet up!!

July 8, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Leigh Anne said...

I've thought about trying to turn a wooden cable spool into an ottoman with a skirt. Hmmmm...What do you think?

July 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the idea of placing an ottoman in the middle of a seating area to give the whole space a cozy and inviting vibe. Great tip!

July 8, 2010 at 6:34 PM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

I think a round ottoman is just what the doctor ordered for my teensy tiny adorable new living room!

July 13, 2010 at 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Liz Brealey said...

Yes thanks for the lovely pics - some good inspiration here. Thank you.

You may also like to check out some Storage Ottomans. You can use these for everything from a comfortable seat, a coffee table, a footstool and a wonderful way of swallowing the clutter - whether it is children's toys, spare pillows, blankets and duvets, or sports equipment and magazines.

You can find them at:
http://www.ottomansandfootstools.com

They also have a bespoke service, so you can have one specially designed and hand crafted to suit your home.

Thank you.

September 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home