Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Man Den Done Right

Whenever I think about a man den I think of plaid, leather, dark colors, a massive TV and perhaps an animal head or two.

 



Now normally those words don’t have decorators hearts going pitter patter, but boy have things changed.

 



In flipping though a recent issue of Hamptons Cottages & Gardens I found myself ohhing and ahhing over a recent home re-vamp on the east end of Long Island.

 



Take a peek:

 



Love that I spotted some of my favorite Katsugi as toss pillows.



glamping 

Grass-cloth wallpaper, pops of orange throughout and a tasteful large plaid pattern sofa takes center stage.

glamping 001

A peek into the closet (which takes up the entire 3rd floor) reminded me of J Crew's men’s store:



glamping 002

Favorite room in the entire room has to be the bedroom pictured above. Love the rope that is used on the staircase, putty gray paint color and the fun prints on the bed.

 



Love this look alike fabric to recreate the headboard and bed skirt on a budget:



blackandwhitefloral 



Then of course my favorite budget friendly zig-zag would work for budget toss pillows:



To Zig Zag Collection

 



Benjamin Moore Ashley Grey is a favorite shade of mine. It’s the perfect putty grey neutral.



Benjamin Moore HC-87 Ashley Gray



Orange graphic rug:



The other bits and prices could easily be recreated on thrift store finds.

 



Do you have a man den in your home? We all know I have one and Jon loves to decorate it.

 



This home was designed by Tom Samet, photographed by Michael Grimm. Images via HC&G.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Karena said...

I totally agree! The bedroom image is fabulous everything about the bed I truly adore!

New Giveaway is on my site!

Karen
Art by Karena

August 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger UberBliss said...

I just completed a 'man cave' and was so glad that they didn't want heavy leather club chairs and and dark wood. There are so many more options!

August 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I want the brown upholstered chair that is in the closet! Really like the rooms.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

August 4, 2010 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The bed is nice but I really dig the duvet.Very nice.
The center/coffee table in the first is great!Now if this is what the husband chooses to do then maybe he will be "allowed' to have a den of his own.;-)

August 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Nicole Terry Merrell said...

Oh the man den! My husband said when we 'run into money' he was getting a 'man house' and I was getting a 'woman nook'! YEAH RIGHT!

August 4, 2010 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger bazaarofserendipity said...

We had a "man room" for a good month I'd say then it quickly turned into the guest room, and all evidence of man went with its title. LOL woops

When we buy a house he can make the garage a man room. Compromise :-)

http://bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com/

August 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home