Thursday, February 3, 2011

Show & Tell: Fretwork Furniture


I love when readers send me their projects.
Check out the latest one that popped into my in-box. Completely jealous that I didn’t think of it myself.
Allison from Welcome to my home was inspired by my decorative napkin project when it came to her nightstand.

First Allison primed her Rast nightstand:

Then she used graph paper to make a template and trace on the pattern:

Next step is painters tape:

{Once you place the painters tape, but before you paint on your fretwork color make sure to take your base color and seal the painters tape edges with it so that none of the fretwork color will seep.}
Lastly remove painters tape and add pretty sparkly knobs:

Amazing! I’m in love! Bravo Allison!
I love seeing IKEA products hacked. Anything you recently revamped from IKEA?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Summer is a Verb said...

That is so clever! Love it...XXOO

March 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home