Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Designer SOS

Many of you already know that I'm in the process of re-designing my master bedroom. I already picked a new paint color, have new bedding, collected art work to frame, painted a little more green on an old credenza I'm trying to bring back to life, got new over head lighting and even switched out the lamps since the last pictures of the room where taken. We are almost there!



Except I have a chair in that room that is in desperate need of a make-up. Right now it blends with the room and I don't mind it, but it's not a wow for me. I think I need an additional pop of green in that corner so I was off on the search for the perfect fabric.



All this week I've been searching for fabric that I bought over a year ago for the office, but never ended up doing anything with it. In all my searching I pretty much cleaned out every single closet in my house. Yesterday it was finally found not at my house, but at my MIL's!



Anyway all this cleaning/searching was good, because I found a handbag I had completely forgotten about. It was a custom made bag I designed about 2 Christmas's ago from here.

The fabric I picked out for it is the perfect shade of green and cream! I must have this fabric to reupholster the chair.

emerald city fabric 



Only problem, while the fabric is available for purchase by the yard at 1154 Lil Studio  the prices are a bit inflated. I want to try and find the fabric elsewhere, but I can't figure out who makes it?

Any ideas? Any new sources for you find fabric on the web?



Ok I'm off to play wife and go food shopping aka purchasing more design magazines from the supermarket and try to pawn it off as part of my food bill! Here's hoping that hubby thinks Veranda is a type of cheese and not a magazine!

9 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Cam - I think you can totally get away with Veranda as a cheese, but what am I going to do about Elle & Vogue? I don't think there is anyway around that, LOL.

March 25, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found this super affordable fabric online..I'll email you the link I ahve to find it in my design files..I bought my "waverly" fabric that I use to do my chairs

March 25, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I used to do the same thing in college, my parents gave me a credit card for emergencies only, well there were a few times I had to tell them that a certain shoe store was really a book store and it was an emergency that I have a book for class! Too bad it only lasted a few times before they caught on- I hope your hubby never finds out your little secret :)

March 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello- I am also in the midst of a bedroom redo and I would love to see the paint color that you picked out. The link was broken.

THanks!

March 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi
Thanks for adding my Blog to your 'My best friends they just don't know it yet..' Now I know and I will add you to my Blog list as well. I see that my posts are showing up one year old. Could you please reinsert this link and it should update to show my current postings.
Happy Blogging
Patricia


http://feeds2.feedburner.com/patriciagrayincblogspot

March 25, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one burying my interior design periodicals in the grocery bill! Glad to know I'm in good company!

March 25, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Glad to see I'm not the only that tries to hide their magazine addiction. Just got back from shopping and 198 bucks later I'm home and I didn't even get any magazines!

Kelly Jo,

I fixed the links so you'll now be able to see the paint color I choose. It's a bit bright so I only used it on one wall.

Patricia,

I fixed your link. Thanks!

March 25, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! I do the exact same thing with mags at the grocery store! If it shows up on our debit card records as a grocery store purchase, he can't get mad...right? What they don't know won't hurt them...

March 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, what a beautiful fabric choice. I love that color green!

March 26, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home