Monday, January 5, 2009

Green with Envy

I've had green on the brain for the last couple of weeks so I was very excited to have a couple of days off due to the holidays and put my time off to good use. Armed with a Kate Spade box I went off to Home Depot to find the perfect shade. I found a perfect match and got to spend two days getting it perfect. My bedroom walls have a Candlelight effect on them. That along with steam/water stains from a humidifier made it quite a process to get the wall primed properly, but in the end it worked out perfectly.

*Poor Jon actually had to do most of the work. I decided to go into the city one day and visit my sister so he was on paint duty. (Isn't marriage great? I get the ideas and I have my other half implement them.)

I finally opened up my Christmas present and was busy playing around with all the settings last night. Here are some pictures of the space.



I love the way the green pops next to the white bedding. I just ordered some great pillows for the bed to add a touch of the green on the bed as well. I also have an idea for what is going to hang above the head board. More on that in a different post.New curtains for the other side of the room are being ordered as well as making a new slipcover for a reading chair we have in the room. Fabric samples are on their way! I love this new introduction of the color green into the room. It gives it a completely new vibe.



This is Jon's nightstand. I got these lamps a while ago and was just storing them, because I loved them so much. I had to defend them on a regular basis, because Jon always wanted to get rid of them,because they were wasting space. Last night I went out and got new shades and they are now in their new home.

The room is no way near being finished. Lots of little touches that need to get done before the whole room is picture perfect, but I wanted to give you all a sneak peak at what the color looks like.

14 Comments:

Blogger dee said...

I really like the green! Right now we are picking out paint for all of our rooms...it is so fun but so hard to settle on one color, right?

January 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Lil Bee,

I'm completely agree. It's so difficult. I went through a bunch of different colors before I settled on the green. Ah the Benjamin Moore paint fan can either be your best friend or your worst enemy.

Oh I have you to thank on keeping my Christmas Gift. I got the Nikon D60 and wasn't sure if I wanted that or a Canon Rebel. Anyway Courtney told me you were in similar dilema and I checked out your post and decided to keep it. I'm loving it so far. I still need to learn alot. It's difficult to photograph interiors. Much easier to shoot people. Plus I must remember to hide it when I live the room. My darling husband decided it would be funny to play photographer and caught me in the shower!!! Those were quickly deleted. I hope...

January 6, 2009 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

O I love that color!! So perfect with the dark wood :)

January 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

I think you need a little pve original matted and framed for your green room.
looks lovely.
of course, you know me and green, never too much!

January 6, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh! Love love love it! Thanks so much for posting pics of your gorgeous bedroom.

And I absolutely adore the fact that you used a Kate Spade box to do your color matching. It really is a punchy little piece of packaging, isn't it? I have an old one that I keep a really delicate beaded blouse in for safekeeping, and just seeing that little green box in my closet gives me such a lift. I can just imagine what a pick-me-up it must be having a wall that color!

January 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger cassandra said...

SO fun! the green makes such a huge difference!!

i was literally reading your post when you left a comment on my blog about the green that anne posted on today. weird!!! :)

January 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I am green with envy! It looks great, I can't wait to see the finished room. The green is so fun, Kate Spade would be thrilled!

January 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Wow, I LOVE IT!! The color came out so great and you are right, it looks great next to the white bedding. I cant wait to see what pillows and fabric you pick out for the rest of the room, its going to look so pretty when you are done!

January 6, 2009 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

What a fun green!!! Can't wait to see the pillows!! (love the lamps too- yay for sticking to your guns!! :)

January 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so awesome!!!!! I have to admit, I was a little worried when you said you were doing a green accent wall- but it looks really amazing!

January 6, 2009 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

the green SCREAMS with personality, which I'm always a fan of! Can't wait to see more...it's like little teases. Love it.

January 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger Kwana said...

So pretty! Great job.

January 7, 2009 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Freckles Chick said...

You know I never would have thought to use this kelly green shade, but it looks stunning! (Reminds me of the green MBR in the hgtv dream home.)

January 8, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger No.35style said...

Fun color! We are finishing up our den and I picked green, but it's more of a mossy, gray green.

January 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home