Thursday, March 26, 2009

Twilight hour

Well if you haven’t been living under a rock then you know that when I refer to Twilight I’m not talking about a time of day, but about the madness that Stephenie Meyers produced with her Twilight Saga.



I’m normally one that likes to follow  the beat of my own drummer. I don’t like following mindlessly and just do something because everyone else is doing it. For the longest time I was able to resist and never gave much thought to the book. A story about a vampire and human that was written by a Mormon mom that just woke up one morning and started to write.



Hmm I wasn’t interested. That was until it invaded my family. My sister was given a copy for her birthday and since I’m an avid reader I asked her to pass it along so that I could merely check it out. Well I was hooked! I couldn’t read them fast enough. I made sure I had all 4 in time for the movie, because I just had to know what happened to Edward and Bella.



Me and my sister went to go see it opening night and yes I was probably one of the oldest ladies there other than parents accompanying their kids that were too young to see it on their own, but I didn’t care.

Most people had mixed reviews about the movie. The thought it was horrible compared to the book, but I was in heaven.



Edward Cullen's equals yummy!


edward vogue


(One of my favorite pictures from their VOGUE layout. )



The DVD was released last weekend and I was able to get a copy of it until this morning. Don’t worry I made sure to get the Blu-Ray copy so I can enjoy Edward at his best.



So while I settle in this afternoon and enjoy my new flick I thought I would leave you all with some eye candy of your own.



Enter the Cullen’s home in Forks, Washington:

The house they used for the movie was built for the Hoke’s family and goes by the name Hoke House. It was built by Skylab Architecture that specializes in modern homes with a twist. They like to mix it up with introducing natural elements and fusing the past and future in their designs. I perfect fit  for our modern vampire family that’s just trying to fit in.



House tour:



outside view 2

twilight kitchen

 

cullen home cullen staircase

cullen bath

For more detailed explanation on the architecture of the house and where the images came from Click here!



So now you know what I'll be doing during my dreary rain-filled afternoon. What are you all up to? Anyone else already have their copy of Twilight?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am planning on reding the first one while camping next weekend! then i'll pop the movie in!

March 26, 2009 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger LaurenFaythe said...

I usually get my movies from the library (I'm cheap). I don't have problems buying dvds for the kids, though. I don't mind the waitlist, but I when I got on the waitlist for Twilight, I was number 575! I may have to break down and buy it. I loved the books, and I'm afraid the movie will dissappoint, though.

March 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I took my 11 year old to see the movie the night it opened. I felt like a senior citizen that night...lol
I bought the movie the day it was released, have seen it twice, might watch it again tonight with a friend who is coming to visit.
"My name is Kris, and I have a Twilight addiction..."

March 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I have not read the books (I know shame, shame) but I'm planning on watching the movie this weekend, and I cant wait! I'm glad you liked it, because I have heard mixed reviews.

March 26, 2009 at 3:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

This cracks me up because it's what my Mom and I did yesterday afternoon. My big was a preschool and my little was napping so we watched and ate popcorn and milkduds. Perfect afternoon!

March 26, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I didn't read it forever, then one day a friend gave me the first one and I was hooked!

March 26, 2009 at 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous house. I heard they're doing "Twilight tours" in Forks now.

And in case you have nothing else to do, I've tagged you here if you'd like to participate. But only if you want to.

March 26, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

That's what I love about the "Twilight hour" - it brings young and old out of the light and into the dark for a thrill! I love when books and movies open the generation gap and bring ages together.
Just like Architecture opens our mind to new ways of living, like Hoke House. We see things in a whole new light.

March 27, 2009 at 6:42 AM  
Blogger I ♥ You said...

i would literally wake up in the middle of the night and go in the other room and read more because i would rather do that than sleep. i read all 4 before the movie came out. i can't wait for new moon (even though is is arguably the worst book in the series).

March 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home