Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Shop girl: Homestyle

Even though I was only out of town for a couple of days I made sure to quench my thirst for interior design by making a stop in Providence, RI.



Prior to my trip I had of course gone and line and scouted out different shops that I wanted to see. Of course I never actually printed out my list assuming I could just pull it up online when we arrived. Ah you know what they say about assuming…. The house we were staying out had no internet access and I couldn’t get it from nearby neighbors so I was left sans internet for 2 and a half day. Shocking I know. Not sure how I was able to do it.



So without a list or even a little hint to what I had on my shopping guide we proceeded out to Providence anyway. Lucky for me I have quite the understanding hubby who let me drag him up and down the streets of Providence and even said, “Hey look that store is called, “Home Style” do you want to go in?”



homestylebanner 



He didn’t have to ask me twice, because of course the answer was yes. What a gem of a store! Filled to the brim with amazing home good finds. I knew I needed to walk away with something I just wasn’t sure what.



image



Here are some of the items that caught my eye:



GURGLEPOT 



Seeing a table full of colorful koi pitchers I knew I needed to buy one. I was already envisioning filling them flowers instead of using it for drinks. Then I saw that there was one on display filled with water. Why you may ask? Well, to show you that it’s more than just a beverage pitcher. This product is actually called Gurgle Pot and it produces this amazing gurgling sound as trapped air is released from the tail after pouring. It sounds a bit weird, but it’s so quirky and fun that after hearing it I grabbed one right away.



The next thing that caught my eye was custom lamps from slip. 



slip lamps



You can pick from a variety of base styles which you can then get in one of their 30 fab color choices. They also have a variety of fabric choices that you can pick from for the shade!



Moving along to the back of the store I found cheeky and chic matted prints from Belle Muse. It was hard to pick a favorite!



queenbee shoppingsickness

shoewhore yourock



Along with prints they also carry designs in stationary cards, which can also be framed for a cheaper option.



Last, but not least was of my favorite pieces in the whole store:



countingbirds

Counting Birds Wall Art by eeboo. The birds had me right away. They were so sweet looking and each card was around 8”x11” so they would look great matted and framed in a nursery.



Of course when I got home one of the first things I did with my beloved Internet access was google Home Style and found out that this stylish shop was owned by local interior designer, Lisa Newman.



Ah to live a day is Ms. Newman’s shoes. She has my dream life.



Design business: check



Home good store: pending still in the dreaming stage

Labels:

24 Comments:

Blogger deliciously organized said...

I was just THERE. BUMMER to have missed this awesome place! I need one of those vases!-carlee

September 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are back! I am totally going to get the Shoe Whore notecards. Love them!

September 2, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Everything looks fabulous... my favorites are the koi pitchers!! I would want a whole school of them!!

September 2, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

Looks like your trip was so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

September 2, 2009 at 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

need one of those koi vases for my bookcase!

September 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

This place looks so fun! I love weird, random things like koi pitchers! I'll take 3.

September 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Camila! It's nice to have you back. That shop looks adorable. The selection of lamps and shades has my head spinning. And I'm in love with the black couch in the first pic. Thanks for sharing!

September 2, 2009 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Yansy said...

The store sounds amazing! I'm so glad you were able to score such great finds.

September 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Lynett said...

Soooo...whadya' end up getting? I hope you snagged one of the Koi pitchers! If so, I want to see what you do with it!!

September 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

laaaaaaaaaamps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Those lamps, those LAMPS!!

P.S. - At least you're living half the dream!

September 2, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love that store! I love the note cards.

September 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Maryanna said...

I'm LOVING all of those lamp shades!

September 3, 2009 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Hi!

Glad you are back! Wish I could have gone shopping with you! I got your e-mail, I will write back later today when I can sit and type for a while!

September 3, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the "shoe whore" print! What a fun store.

September 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I have to say that I did bring home a koi pitcher, but it's not for me!

We are actually sending it as a thank you gift to Jon's cousin that loaned us the house.

Online though it's actually cheaper than what we paid so I think a new fishy is going to be making it's way home to me as well.

September 3, 2009 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

What a great place! Welcome back:) Love those koi pitchers--such lovely colors.

September 3, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I just love seeing how stores are set up and all the interesting products they sell. Those gurgle pots are so cool!

September 3, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger vicki archer said...

I love those fish jugs - I would like one in every colour, xv.

September 3, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Jaeveberry said...

Cool stuff!

September 3, 2009 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Oh Fun! I'm not far from Providence, I'll have to put this little store on my list of places to go ASAP. LOVE those bird prints, they are so cute!

September 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

So many goodies. I don't know where to look! Love those pitchers!

September 3, 2009 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You totally lucked in just stopping by and finding such a great place! I have a blog, and I have thought about taking pics while in stores--but I always feel awkward. What do you say to the store clerks about taking the pictures?? Anything? Or do you just do it and hope they don't kick you out?

September 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love all those fun lamps and shades.

Sorry I've been MIA lately... I'm back and trying to catch up!

September 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home