Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Recap: Out of Town & New Project!

This weekend we decided to hit the open road and travel to Delaware to visit my SIL.



I wasn’t  exactly sure what I would  find in Delaware, but I was pleasantly surprised. One of our first stops was The Cereal Bowl!

 


image



At the moment they only have two locations one in Newark, Delaware and another in Miami, Florida, but if you are near either one I say run there for a pick me up!



They specialize in cereal. You can get custom mixes of cereal and then head over to the milk bar and decide if you want 2% or non-fat. They also have non fat frozen yogurt, which you can then add on all the fat back into it with the mix in options that they have.



I had a yummy combo of vanilla fro-yo, strawberries (me being healthy) and chocolate chips and oh yea a huge scoop of peanut butter with cookie dough (not so healthy). I wasn’t sure how I would feel about actual peanut butter in my fro-yo, but it was delightful and totally jealous that SIL has this place right down the street from her apt.



I pretty much ate my way through Delaware,because before that we went apple picking where I picked up apple cider doughnuts(really to die for) at Milburn Orchards.YUM!



Then for dinner we went to Pizza by Elizabeth's. Not only were the gourmet pizza’s delish, but the decor was beautiful as well.



image{Ah look at the floor! Plus all the countertops were thick slabs of marble! }



 image {They had our favorite lotus chandeliers hanging above all the little nooks where you could wait for your table. }



image{Pictures of our favorite Elizabeth's like Liz  Taylor and the Queen were all over the place along with a  Bourgie lamp by Kartell being placed every couple of feet in the dining area. }



We drove home that same night and Sunday was full of preparations for a new room I’m designing. My sister and her two roomies sent out a huge SOS for design help. They have lived in their apt almost 2 years and the common living area is still not complete.



My sister knew the perfect person to help them and their teeny, tiny budget so she called me and the rest is history. I went there over the weekend to take pictures, measurements, etc.



Here are some before shots:



DSC02741 {The walls in here were originally white, but a couple of months ago these ladies went out to Home Depot and painted the town green. So I will be working with this existing paint color.}



DSC02743 {The common living area is a bit small in this apt so the dining and living area are squeezed together.}



DSC02744 { This is the wall opposite the sofa. Don’t ya love the great condition the dining room chair is in? }



Now since they wanted this project done sooner than later I have this week to get everything put together and I’m heading into the city this coming weekend to install everything!



Tomorrow I’m sharing my inspiration for the room!



So lovely readers of mine please dish! What did you do this weekend? Or what color combo do you think I picked for this new room re-vamp?

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a challenge!

I painted our office/guestroom this weekend (it's still waiting for Ryan's touchups around the ceiling because I was too short to do a very neat job...). We chose Benjamin Moore's Whispering Spring, which will also be in our bedroom. I also got a new (to me, it's antique) rug and Ryan got a tv. Expensive weekend so now we're on a spending hiatus!

October 5, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

You know I love a good before and after. Can't wait to see what you do. And in a week!! You're quick!!

October 5, 2009 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I watched football with some friends and then attended a housewarming party yesterday.

October 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Your blog is so inspiring!

October 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

Thanks for the comment! I did infact get to do my long run....on a different day. I just had to have someone else watch him :-)

October 5, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Now THERE"S a challange!
With those green walls I can only imagine going with pink
...I painted the wooden pedestal table for my eat -in nook

October 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your weekend sounds like it was so much fun! The room redo for your sister will look spectacular, can't wait to see photos.

October 5, 2009 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger A New England Girl said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip! :) I looove the look/idea of The Cereal Bowl! How neat. :)

October 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Maria Johns said...

Looks like you had a great weekend, can't wait to see what you come up with for the room, especially with that color....I like it the feel of it already!

October 5, 2009 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger Midwest Modern said...

Oh my goodness!! Pizza by Elizabeth? What a glorious place, I obviously have to go

October 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger deliciously organized said...

can't wait to see what you do with this space! sounds like the perfect weekend!

October 5, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger My Passport to Style said...

You too are real foodies, funny how appreciation of good foor and decor often go so neatly together.I always think it about being open to your creative senses!Any ways lovely popping by, do enter the fun competition over @ My Passport to Style and bag yourself a vintage inspired Lu Lu Guiness blackcurrant bow clutch if your lucky,lots of other gorgeous prizes!Sharon, see you there? xxxx

October 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I love cereal, I could eat it everyday all day long for every meal- that place looks amazing!

What a nice sister you are, I cant wait to see what you come up with for the space- I'm sure it will be amazing

October 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Can't wait to see the direction this goes. I actually love the color.

I'm guessing you are going for that great chartreuse color with grey and accents or coral or hot pink.

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead.

I sewed new curtains for my bedroom and I am in love with them.

October 5, 2009 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what you do. Sounds like a great weekend. We had a good one, busy moving...

October 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

I actually took a fun day trip this weekend too. Isn't it great to just get away for the day?

Love the wall color your sister and her roomies chose. Can't wait to see how you revamp it!

October 5, 2009 at 7:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yummy! A cereal bar... I would go broke eating there. I love a good bowl of cereal with milk.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for that little space!

October 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Pizza By Elizabeth??? NO ONE ELSE I KNOW besides my family has even been there. Well, I do live in Boston, so that might explain it, but Greenville does have pleasant things to offer, yes? My mom's family is from DE, and my grandparents lived in Centerville just two miles away from PBE. Reading your post brings back memories...

Good luck with the small space - i can certain relate. :-)

October 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

My husband would literally DIE if we had a Cereal Bowl place near us!

October 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Dallas Landrum-Martin said...

The kid in me is screaming "I wanna go to the cereal bar TOO!" Great, now she's in the corner pouting.

October 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

I'm going to be in Miami (to visit my SIL actually!) at the end of the month so I'm definitely bookmarking the Cereal Bowl as a must stop for us.

Looks like you had a great weekend and I can't wait to see your inspiration board and how you manage to work with that bold green!

October 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home