Friday, September 25, 2009

IN HER SHOES: Beach Bungalow 8

One of the most exciting parts of my week is when the ladies of  The Skirted Roundtable put up a new podcast. I love listening in on that week’s topic and find myself  nodding my head in agreement with the many things they say. How fun it would be to chat with those ladies! Perhaps one day I’ll get the courage and honor to be a guest on their show! Until then I get to sit at my table (which is not skirted) and play along.



During one of my listening sessions I realized what fun it would be to see what these ladies are up on any given day. So I emailed them and asked if they would like to participate in my IN HER SHOES series. They all said yes!



At first I was going to combine all 3 ladies into one massive post, but in trying it out it just looked way too confusing so I decided to feature one lady a week!



I’m going from West Coast to East and will be starting out with Megan of Beach Bungalow 8. What’s not to love about Megan. She is effortlessly stylish and chic, has that amazing red hair, an amazing family and killer design style.



California has always been a dream destination for me. Perhaps it was too many episodes of 90210, but I always wanted to move out. So sit back relax and enjoy catching up on a day with Megan!

 

 



clock



6:00 a.m.~ My day begins. Ugh... I am NOT a morning person {I do my best work late night} but need to get kids up and off to school.

 



Crossword puzzle and Chai tea. { I quit drinking coffee about a month ago. For no really good reason except to see if I could }



My choice of  shoes for the morning {as this post IS called 'in her shoes'!}



shoes



Off to schlep the kids to school.....



After kids are dropped off, I hop on my bike and head off down the strand to  meet my Blog Out Loud business partner, Rebecca for a meeting.



bike



we do have good scenery around here.





Note: I actually do have a cute beach cruiser, however, this rusted mountain bike, weighs nothing and I can get up and down hills much faster. It's not pretty, but it gets me where I'm going.





scenery from my ride to work.


{Note from HHFITD: Megan just emailed me this new pick and let me know it is actually Donna and Kelly's beach from 90210 the college years. It was just up the block from her! I'm amazed! Side note to that: Her hubby was actually on the show for 2 years! Ah what seasons? I must know!}

seasprite



always loved this signage.



volleyball



I'm not sure what most adults do around here. An awful lot seem to be playing.



beach cruiser



I stopped to check out the cute beach cruisers for sale at Helen's bikes. Aren't they yummy? I'm in the market for a new one maybe that green one would work?



bol



megan



Rebecca and I spending the morning at Coffee Bean, hashing out the latest project and upcoming events!



road



oh crap, it's almost 2:00 have to go get kids. Back on the road again....



{this is where my rusty old bike that weighs nothing comes in handy, I have one big hill I have to crank it up in a hurry }



megan2

megan3



I'm sorry you have to look up my giant nostrils, but this picture was too funny to leave out.



first stop. Child number one. "Hi, how was your day, blah blah blah"


1stchild



run back home for a bit.....



traffichome



grab the mail with the help of George.



george



do NOT feel sorry for Fred in the background. He's chained up for a reason and gets lots of love {even though he enjoys running away from home whenever he's off the chain}



fred



figure out what to do for dinner....



bors



Borsch? Maybe? No. No way. No one would eat it. next.....



tuna



Much better, a bit of seared Ahi Tuna with Mango chutney....off to pick up child number 2...



child2



off to Trader Joe's {which if I didn't have, would not be able to make a proper meal}



traderjoes



Oh look, I've changed shoes...



pretty flowers:



flowers



thanksjoe



thanks Joe!



dinner



dinner made { food looks terrible if you aren't a good food photographer. This was actually delish }



Dinner, homework and kids to bed....on to The Skirted Round Table.



mac



Joni, Linda and I chat with Brooke Giannetti {velvet and linen blogger} via skype.



skype



And then I'm done! off to bed...or maybe to work on some blog posts : )



_________________________________________________



A huge thank you to Megan! If you already love Megan like I do then you should also check out her work at Balustrade and Bitters and Blog Out Loud.



Next friday I will be featuring Ms. Joni Webb of Cote de Texas.

Labels:

33 Comments:

Blogger deliciously organized said...

I'm sooo jealous of where she lives. That is for sure Hermosa Beach or Manhattan Beach...kinda the best places EVER to live in Cali. So fun to read about her day! I love her blog...

this is such a fun series! I look forward to these :)

-carlee

September 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

what a great day!!! Her kids are BEAUTIFUL too!!! (And I thought the dinner looked delicious!)

so excited to see the SRT ladies here!!!
xoxoxoox

September 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Great post! I completely agree about Trader Joes. With all the beaches, these photos really made me want to move to California.

September 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

What a great interview. You did a wonderful job. I have never seen a post like it! She is so cute. So other people spend all day with there blog!

September 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Richie Designs said...

that's super cute!

September 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger 72 and sunny said...

thanks for asking me to be a part of this Camila, I'm so flattered!

September 25, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger cotedetexas said...

She lives in Manhattan Beach - that you know what! how lucky is she???!!!! And what a cook! Meg - I'm impressed.

loved this sooooo much and I love Megan so much too!!!!

September 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Lisa Porter said...

How much fun literally riding down memory lane! We used to live in Manhattan Beach and I whine to Megan all the time about how I miss it. Am constantly threatening to show up at her door on a "Peace Out" friday....with whine...i mean WINE of course.
Great post & looking forward to the others.
Lisa

September 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Yansy said...

I love this series! Her kids are adorable!

September 25, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

good one..i cant wait to see joni's...

September 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Love the Skirted Roundtable girls-I'm excited for the next few weeks of this series!!!

How could you not LOVE where Megan lives or how she gets around all day- ahhh, what a life!!

PS- love the gold shoes and the rolled up jeans...very hot!

September 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Verdigris Vie said...

This was a really fun in her shoes! Rides her bike, Beautiful children, great dinner...

Thanks .. can't wait for the others

September 25, 2009 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Linda Merrill said...

Megan had a great day! Mine was spent in traffic and in doors. Ahh... the Cali vs. Boston lifestyle. Can't wait to see what Joni did on her day. Thanks for this series - so much fun!

September 25, 2009 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah's Fab Day said...

this was lots of fun. I adore the skirted roundtable girls.

September 25, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

clever post....
loved this one!

September 25, 2009 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

This series is definitely one of the best out there in the blogosphere! I just love getting a look into other bloggers' lives!

Have a great weekend,
Crystal

September 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

This is such a genius idea for a blog feature!

Plus she seems like she has a fun and cool life!

September 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Renae Moore said...

I live vicariously through Megan from Georgia...I grew up not too far from where she is and used to hit those beaches every weekend! She IS a doll isn't she?
Fun post!

Blessings...

September 25, 2009 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger vicki archer said...

I loved reading and seeing a day in the life of Megan..Have a wonderful weekend, xv.

September 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Fun to get insight into her day and I'm very jealous of where she lives. sigh... Have a great weekend!

September 26, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

I love this series,of course I say that every week! How lucky to live so close to the beach!

September 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Maureen Stevens said...

Laid back & beautiful life! Bike rides, blogging escapades, adorable kids! What more could she ask for !:)

September 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

What a wonderful post. I love that she rides her bike all the time and totally love the flats she's wearing in one of the first pictures! Fabulous!

September 26, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Southern Aspirations said...

What a great place to live indeed... this was a fun one! Thanks so much again for doing these!

September 27, 2009 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Maria Killam said...

That was fun, I loved those photos of her on the bike, very hot!

September 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM  
Blogger HirondelleRustique said...

What a great post!

I wanted to let you know I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Your blog is always so fun to read!

September 28, 2009 at 1:42 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love this series! It's so interesting to see what these ladies get up to during the day.

I love Megan's blog the Skirted Roundtable too!

Thanks for sharing! :-)

September 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

what a great spot to live megan...thanks for sharing your day!

September 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger annechovie said...

How fun! I loved seeing a glimpse of Megan's world. She is so likable. What a great feature, Camila!

September 29, 2009 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Kim Klassen said...

love this post. thinking i'd love living there, right about now... as it's c, c, cold out today.

wonderful, thanks for sharing....
"in her shoes" is a great idea!

Kim

September 29, 2009 at 5:54 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad to hear that I have someone that has the same thoughts as me!

What a great blog...featuring someone else! That sounds funnnn! Maybe I should do one!

October 5, 2009 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger My Galveston Cottage said...

Love these! And love those bikes!!! I want one...-s

October 5, 2009 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a great idea! really great pix Megan - love the S.Cali lifestyle...and the beach! great blog too - thank you!

October 15, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home