Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Recap: Busy Bee

Hi Loves,



Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was action packed and I was sad to see it end.

Bright and early Saturday morning (5:30am to be exact) I woke up and got ready to cheer my sister and her darling friends on while they ran a half marathon.



Of course the marathon was in the Hamptons and started at 8 am hence the 5:30 am wake up call.



Truthfully I thought I would be bored just sitting around in a cheering section waiting for them to run by, but it was a lot of fun. You get really into it and try and yell many words of encouragement to all the runners.



Here they are at the end of the race. I felt like a proud momma! They did so great.



DSC02689



The night before I ran out and got t-shirts and fabric marker pens to make T-shirts for us to wear. My dad mentioned the other day that his picture is never on the blog. So, here you go Dad! I totally didn’t take size into account when buying the shirts and poor Dad was in a snug t-shirt the entire day cheering on Bridget!



DSC02693



Afterwards we got to go have lunch at one of my favorite places on earth. No, not some fancy restaurant, but my sissy’s friend summer home. The place is looking amazing. A new pool was built , more accessories have arrived and my guest room* is looking just lovely. *Ah a girl can dream.



After lunch we walked on the beach and then headed home. As we were going down Main St in East Hampton who do I spot? None other than Bethenny from Real Housewives of NY walking down the street. I was totally too slow to snap a pic, but it was fun seeing her.



Sunday was very rainy and gray on Long Island, which meant lots of fun home projects could be finished around the house.



Project 1 was finishing the curtains in the office.



Voila! It was finished rather quickly and you even get a sneak peek of the actual desk. We are almost there. End tables have been ordered, lighting needs to go up and a storage center for all of my supplies! *Details on the curtain/rod tomorrow. Need Jons help with the technical jargon.



DSC02712



Project 2 was hanging the Living Room curtains that the fabulous Kristen a fab reader and amazing owner of custom fabric treatment workroom! What beautiful, amazing , fast work. I highly recommend her! We don’t even live close to each other so this was done via emails and the post office!



Here are the new curtains:



DSC02701 DSC02708



The room is almost finished! Can’t wait to show you all the big picture!

Project 3 was a big one that I had never done before. A while back I painted an accent wall in my bedroom green. I lived with it for a couple of months while I decided whether or not I wanted to paint the rest of the walls green or use wallpaper as accent wall instead.



I finally settled on wallpaper for the accent wall and was all set to use Ms. Wearstler Imperial Trellis, but the $700 price tag had me questioning my decision. A trip to a designer outlet sale and a smart mom that told me to snag some rolls of a green paper I was eyeing and we were in business at only $30 instead.



DSC02699



So happy I picked up the rolls. They originally retailed in the low hundreds per roll so it was a great buy!



Many things still need to get done, but I wanted to share pics of the paper right away!



The lamps are getting moved to a different room, the headboard is getting a re-vamp, new bedding and of course the beer bottle will be disappearing as well. What can I say it was a rough night making sure everything stayed straight!



Last, but not least was one of my favorite finds of the weekend.



I’m working on a Living Room design for a NYC apartment and we are on a small budget. Since free is always nice when I spotted these ready for trash night I snagged them up.



DSC02710Ok, so Jon totally had to help me because they were so heavy, but I spotted them!



With some new paint and fabric these are going to look great in the teeny tiny breakfast nook!



Hope you all had a great weekend! Share! What fun things did you do? 



xoxo,



Camila

Labels: ,

29 Comments:

Blogger Lynett said...

Everything looks and sounds fabulous!!! I can't wait to see all the reveals!

September 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Verdigris Vie said...

What a fabulous and productive weekend you had..you are my hero! i went apple picking...

Can't wait to see the chairs recovered - I think they will be fabulous too..

September 28, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

awesome chair. awesome wallpaper.

September 28, 2009 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

I love the projects, especially the wallpaper one! Good deal! You make me want to get a up and actually paint my bedroom, instead of just thinking about it :)

September 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Wow! Everything looks great. You're going to love spending time in that office! And I love the green wallpaper.

September 28, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I love the wallpaper in the bedroom. And I can't wait to see how the chairs turn out. I love finding free things, too.

September 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Wow, you were quite busy this weekend. Love the shirts you made and that your dad wore a tight one all day- what a great daddy he is :)

Also LOVE the wallpaper, I cant believe the deal you got on it, looks just amazing. I cant wait to see it without the beer bottle :)

September 28, 2009 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love the beer bottle on the nightstand. Thanks for "keeping it real" hehehe ;)

Oh ya, and the wallpaper is pretty fabulous too! Love it!!! Can't wait to see more of the progress!

September 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog...I get so excited when I find new blogs to check out too...I love the wallpaper and the lamps!!!

September 28, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

looovee the chairs you found!!!

September 28, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger deliciously organized said...

The wallpaper looks fabulous! Oh wow! Love it. The chairs are a steal!

I'm supposed to run a 1/2 this weekend in Maine...YIKES!

-carlee

September 28, 2009 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger Re:Fresh Design Studio said...

Love the wallpaper! My husband would never let me do that, so it's fun to see yours! Can't wait to see what you choose for the bedding!

September 28, 2009 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

That wallpaper is killing me!! Fabulous!! And the chairs...can't wait to see what you do!

September 28, 2009 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren Jade said...

cant wait to see what u do with the chairs! and i wish i could just stroll through the hamptons !! well im in australia so thats good enough

September 28, 2009 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

It sounds like such a wonderful weekend. I especially LOVE the green printed wallpaper. It's absolutely stunning :)

September 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger PS~Erin said...

What a productive and fun weekend!

September 28, 2009 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger A Refocused Life said...

Sounds like you had many perfect moments with friends and family over the weekend.

Love the green paper you selected.

September 28, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Camila, your weekend projects are fabulous and I'm so impressed you managed to get up at 5:30 on a Saturday!

September 28, 2009 at 10:36 PM  
Blogger nelya said...

Love, love, love the green wallpaper. Brilliant purchase!

My weekend was spent putting the basement back together again and keeping my fingers crossed for no.more.rain. Check out my last post for some before and afters.

September 29, 2009 at 12:19 AM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

You WERE a busy bee! I'm loving that sick wallpaper! Green and white motifs are currently haunting my dreams...
And P.S. when I was out in LA this spring with the girls, we were shopping on Robertson, right along with Bethenny & Ramona of NY, Kim of ATL, Vicki & Jeana of OC. It was like our own little Real Housewives reunion. And yes, we got a few pics!

September 29, 2009 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those chairs.

September 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Arianna Belle said...

Love the wallpaper you choose!
Love the beer bottle too! ;-)

September 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

I'm with the others-liking the beer bottle in the shot, made me laugh! Loving the green wall paper and the breakfast nook chairs SCORE.

September 29, 2009 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger TheBeautyFile said...

Amazing! I love the beer on the night stand best!

September 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

you have been BUSY! that wallpaper looks fabulous. love it! good job on everything.

September 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much I love the wallpaper!!!

September 29, 2009 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger paula said...

I am just swooning over all your accomplishments, just gorgeous work!

September 29, 2009 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

love those stools :) and congrats on the office...and i love the wallpaper you found for the bedroom!

September 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Revival said...

Awesome wallpaper! I love those chairs! Nothing like finding your inspiration on the side of the road!

October 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home