Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Recap: Cake & Crafting

Hi Loves,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! We got to have a little bit of fun and a little bit of work. On Saturday we were all able to come together (both my family & Jon's) and celebrate Jon's b-day a week late. 

You see last week we tried to get together at a restaurant know as Dinosaur BBQ and they had no reservations available for the entire weekend. Madness. We were able to make an appointment for this weekend and not only did we get some yummy BBQ, but we had a delish cake as well:



{It was crumbs & it was unbelievable}

Of course I have to share a picture of the birthday boy:


{Ok so I'm in the picture too! I just had to share I was having a really good hair day. Don't you love when that happens?}


We didn't end up doing anything for Halloween. I know we are totally lame. We had to head back home so that the pups could make their hair appointment. I swear Moo gets his hair way more than me. Anyway the thought of having to drive all the way back into the city wasn't too appealing so we ended up staying and finishing up some projects. A totally wild time was had by all. :)

Sunday John finished up his mystery project.

We found this piece ready for the garbage truck months ago. The wood was peeling in a lot of sections so it needed work, but we saw potential. It had amazing lines. Not sure if you can tell from the picture, but the piece bows in the front.



Jon had seen some great pieces from Bungalow 5 at the gift show and loved the two toned look of their classic pieces:



So a couple of weeks ago he decided to fix up our find and take it from trash to treasure:



It made it's way into the man den on Sunday:



Love the lacquer finish Jon gave the piece! He quickly added his things and claimed it as all his.


{When we bought our house Jon kept calling it Casa Juanca, because my parents call him Juan and he thought it just rolled off the tongue like Casablanca. So I got him a neon sign one year as a gift. }

I'll show the DIY steps tomorrow!

So how was your Halloween. We only had our bell ring once! Which means lots of left over candy for us. :)

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

wow! Talented husband you got there! That is one amazing before and after.

November 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger ALR said...

Halloween was awesome this year, we attended a fantastic party and danced the night away. I love the cabinet rehab. I do like the lines of the piece.

Amy R.

November 1, 2010 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Ximena said...

The mystery project is finally revealed!! WOW! Love it!! You know I"m a big fan of trash to treasurer!

November 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Your hair always looks that good!!!!

November 1, 2010 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Beautiful. Love the two tones!

November 1, 2010 at 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks fab!! and dinosaur bbq sounds intense!

went thrifting at melrose flea, but all the booths had no picture signs...umm i was sad and salty at that! but i scored a few fab pieces!

November 1, 2010 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Rose said...

Very nice, Jon!

Our Halloween was pretty low-key too. Just handing out candy and a nice homemade dinner. Last year we had a party and couldn't hear anyone knocking, so we were surprised to plow through two big bags of candy! Dang kids got every last piece ;) Think this is the first year I haven't taken a mini-snickers as a lunchtime snack the day-after. I posted pictures of our decorations and crazy wigs on my blog today.

November 1, 2010 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

This reminds me so much of a project I took on a few weeks ago. I mean, the dressers are practically one in the same.

http://jessicatoland.blogspot.com/2010/10/project.html

I love the look of the dark wood with the lighter drawer fronts.

November 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Love how that dresser turned out! And my Halloween was just okay...but we too have tons of leftover candy (which both excites and scares me as I don't exactly trust my 5 mo. pregnant self to hold back!).

November 1, 2010 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Ms. MacKenzie said...

So impressed! DIY projects are the best!

November 1, 2010 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger Lorie ~ Luray Lane Vintage said...

We LOVE Dinasour BBQ, it's soooo good, we have one in Syracuse! The dresser turned out great!

November 1, 2010 at 10:32 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

ahhh, there it is- love what you did with it!

November 2, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home