Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My blue heaven

If you’ve been reading my blog lately you know I’ve been obsessed with the color blue!



From sky blue to peacock blue all the way to navy blue I’ve had my sights set on blue!



As many of you way know the reason for my trip to Colombia was a family wedding. In Colombia all of the weddings are Black Tie and long dresses for the ladies are required. Since the only long evening gown in my closet was my wedding dress I knew I had to find something.



Of course it ended up being blue! Bargain shopper that I am I found my dress on sale for $49 at the BCBG outlet! The color was called INK.



Little side story about me and Jon. We became best friends our senior year of High School. At some point that year we both started to like each other, but of course we didn’t say anything to each other. So prom time came around and Jon asked someone else to prom. So this little lady threw herself a pity party and didn’t go. Anyway since this wedding was the closest thing to a prom that we’ve attended in a while I made sure to get Jon a matching tie. It was blue/black stripes. Cheesy? Totally, but I had to do it. :)



DSC03913



Apparently I wasn’t the only one that had blue on my mind. It turns out all of the ladies in the family were in some shade of blue/green that night.



familyshotatlaura'swedding



Funniest part of the evening. It was a wedding for my cousin and they forgot to make me a name card. Jon thought it was totally funny and a fellow wedding guest decided to fix it and added me on.



DSC03909



I loved the way my hair come out. It was a sort of side knot/bun thing and I loved it. I also found some fab green stub earrings that I think went really nice with my blue dress.



DSC03915



I love a good funny face shot so I had to make Jon and my sisters compile with my request and make their funniest faces.



DSC03920 DSC03922

DSC03923 DSC03924



At the wedding they handed out fake mustaches and flower hair clips for all the ladies. Not sure exactly why, but it was fun.



My husband who rarely drinks turned out looking like this by the end of the night.



DSC03933



Ah what can I say he had fun with the mustaches. Jon thought this was super funny!



camila



By the end of the night (party lasted till 4 am) my face was pretty much like this at all times:



camilaandjon

If you can’t tell Jon really enjoyed himself!



Don’t worry Jon wasn’t the only one that had fun. It looks like Dad enjoyed himself as well.



dadanddanay



This brings my Colombia trip recaps to an end. I hope I didn’t bore you all with pictures.



:)

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Teresa Meyer said...

I must say you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress!! The hair, the earrings, everything...just beautiful!! :)

June 2, 2010 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

LOVE your dress and earrings!! They're gorgeous. You ladies look fabulous in those colors.

June 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

fun fun fun!! and your dress is amazing!!! you make a great couple btw!

June 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Marija said...

Looks like so much fun. And I see why you love blue - it looks terrific on you! Absolutely love love love the style of your dress!!

June 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What a beautiful dress! I love blue too. Outlet shopping rocks so much doesn't it??

June 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your dress!! Great pictures - thanks for sharing them with all of us!

June 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

stunning dress! I love that color! Looks like a fun wedding.

June 2, 2010 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

What a fun wedding- adore your dress! Blue looks great on you :)

June 2, 2010 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! And you looked fantastic. A very flattering style dress and the earrings were the perfect touch! The stache eyebrows look good too!!

June 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Beautiful dresses - it looks like you all had a really wonderful time!

June 2, 2010 at 10:12 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

this one was THE funniest! great story. and everyone looked Fabulous.

June 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Joi said...

Girl, you are stunning! That dress and your hair are perfection!!!

June 2, 2010 at 11:54 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

FAB dress!! Love it!! You don't see many blue dresses like that, wish you did. But you rocked it and looked so pretty!!! Great pics!

June 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Love your dress! Your whole family looks beautiful!!

June 3, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That dress is gorgeous, love the color, the style, everything. And it looks comfy too!

Looks like a fun wedding, you guys all looked awesome!

June 3, 2010 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Welcome said...

Great post - and you do look great in blue and I am loving the matching tie!! Simply gorge!!

XOXOX]
Kiki

June 3, 2010 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry I MUST be colorblind because your dress is PURPLE.

I really looked deformed in the funny face pic, but I guess that's the point..

xoxo
Danay

June 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you look nothing short of ravishing in that shade of blue!

June 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger bazaarofserendipity said...

You looked beautiful! love the dress what a bargin! how come my BCBG outlet doesnt have that!

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

June 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your dress!

June 3, 2010 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Hopeless Chest said...

That's so neat that you and your fam wore similar coloured dresses. Made for a very neat pic.

June 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home