Friday, August 6, 2010

Martha Blogger Event Recap!

Yesterday I was one of the lucky bloggers that got an invite to attend Martha’s Bloggers Night out. Now let’s be honest I was never on the original email list. Why I have no clue. I’m a NY based design blogger that loves Martha shouldn’t that be instant access? I did a little begging on twitter and finally the evite I was waiting and lusting after arrived.

 



So here is my little recap of the event. It was super hot here in NY, which means by the time I arrived to the event my make-up was almost completely melted off. Totally an attractive look.

 



I met up with Deb of Living Livelier and Kelly of High Street Market. Both ladies are super stunning and sweet to boot talk about an amazing combo!

 



We quickly got on line and awaiting our time to ride the elevator up to Martha Stewart Living headquarters.

 



Here is the reception area where we grabbed our name tags:



marthabloggingevent

The whole place was painted a nice crisp white, which made the massive windows throughout a great focal point.

 



Lovely flower arrangement: Would you expect anything less from Martha?



marthabloggerevent3 



We were one of the first groups to arrive upstairs and our first stop along the way was of course sweets:



marthabloggerevent4



Right away I knew those sweets were from One Girl Cookies one of my favorite bakeries in Brooklyn. As I was discussing how I loved the decor in the shop I met one of the owners:



marthabloggerevent5 



Right next to the sweets table was the one only Darcy Miller of Martha Stewart Weddings! She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Totally happy to get in pictures with everyone and discuss all things Martha!



marthabloggerevent2

You can check out Darcy’s recap of the event here.

 



Moving down the line I met Wendy the pipe cleaner lady who made me this stylish ring:



DSC04285
Don’t you love my pipe cleaner diamond? I know I do!

 



While my ring was getting made I heard an announcement that Martha was about to speak!

 



I hurried over and wiggled my way as best I could to get a good shot.



marthabloggerevent6

It was literally a dream come true to hear her talk. Martha has always been a huge inspiration to me. I love her for her design ideas and great business sense. Girl power! I heart her.

 



After Martha talked our next mission was to find Alexis and Jennifer of Whatever Martha.  Have you guys watched their show? They are hysterical. I love watching them remake things from Martha’s show! You can find their blogs here.

 



We practically bumped into both ladies and scared them a bit with our enthusiasm, but instead of filing restraining orders they got in a picture with us.



marthabloggerevent7 (Kelly, Alexis, Jennifer and me!)

 



So now that we got them we knew our new target would be Kevin Sharkey. Kevin is Senior Vice President and Executive Editorial Director, Decorating, and Executive Creative Director, Merchandising for Martha Stewart Living Omninedia, Inc. Wow I wonder how he fits that all on a business card!

 



If you don’t know Kevin you should totally start reading his blog. It’s a source of great design ideas and at times you get little peeks inside Martha’s world.

 



We found him hanging around the ping pong table waiting to play. Guess who was playing when we arrived:

 



marthabloggerevent8

It was Deb! She slipped away for a moment and I totally thought I had lost, but there she was!

 



Kevin had no clue who I was, but happily got in a picture with me.



DSC04283 Don’t we look cute?

 



We finally decided it was time to eat so me grabbed some Bistro Sliders and grilled Smores! Both recipes are in the current issue of Everyday Food.

 



We then ran into some other bloggers such as Joanna from A cup of Jo , Liz from Say yes to Hoboken, Karen from Sunday Suppers, Danielle from A Few of My Favorite Things and the lovely Stephanie from Brooklyn Limestone and Crissie from Bug and Bear and a new contributor to Coco & Kelley along with members of the fab team at Martha Stewart.

 



Throughout the room there were also tables with different little events going on. Some had food, some had drinks and others had DIY instructions.

 



Like this set-up with a DIY faux bois painting technique:



DSC04284

 



It was a great night. On our way out we were able to get a little group shot:



marthabloggerevent11 (Deb, me, Crissie, and Kelly)

 



We also got a bit of swag on the way out:



DSC04288
(There were more goodies in the bag!)

 



Plus magazines galore:



DSC04287



It was a lovely event. Sorry I don’t have more pictures it was hard to get shots with 400 bloggers throughout the space!

 



*Thanks Deb & Kelly for sharing some of your pictures!

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

so fun! glad you got to go, you always give a good re-cap:) have a good weekend!

August 6, 2010 at 4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun! and you look adorbs!

August 6, 2010 at 4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like such a great time!! I love all the pics of the event...Kevin is amazing, so cool you got to meet and take a pic with him! :)

August 6, 2010 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Darling photographs. I know that you had a blast!
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

August 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Vanessa@decor happy said...

Lucky you! Looks like it was a great event.

August 6, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I'm so jealous that looks like my dream, next time they have one I'm making a week vacation out of it- I'll even ride my bike to NY to hang out with Martha and the gang, and YOU of course :)

August 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

How fun! I would die to see Martha in person.

August 6, 2010 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Anna White said...

Wow..what a fun day with lots of goodies....would have loved to have been a fly on the wall ; ) Thanks for sharing xo

August 7, 2010 at 5:20 AM  
Blogger Elena said...

Great new blogs to check out! It looks like a great event. Any other blogs you would suggest for design? I've got my first vendor market coming up and I'm super nervous about planning my display!

August 7, 2010 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

I'm totally squealing inside! What an awesome opportunity! Blog sista's ROCK!

August 7, 2010 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger TSL said...

Not too shabby a day, complete with swag, kudos.

August 7, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Blogger Kelly Robson said...

Had a great time with you, Camila!!! It was such a fun party! xx, Kelly

August 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM  
Blogger ~*yOuNiQuE727*~ said...

Hello! I just ran into your blog and I absolutely love it....how wonderful it was to go see the one and only Martha Stewart and where she makes the majic happen....good for you.

Love your site and will be vising again soon♥

Norma

August 7, 2010 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I am so glad you realized a dream you must also realize that you idolize a convicted felon who went to jail for ripping off the little people. hard to forgive that especially when she was already so rich; while some may think she is talented, remember that she is backed by many very talented people, she is not the one who is talented.

dont mean to rain on your parade but it might be better for someone as young as you to idolize and emulate a Tobi Fairley or Kelly Wearstler.

August 7, 2010 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger A Few of My Favorite Things said...

Such a great recap! I wish I had taken more pictures - there were so many wonderful details to take in. It was so nice to meet you there and thanks for the sweet mention in your post!

August 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

This is amazing! I'm sure it was great to get to see/hear Martha speak and to be around so many inspiring people - thanks so much for sharing!

August 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

looks like a very fun event... Martha does it the best! You all looked beautiful too.

xo,
cristin

August 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM  
Anonymous primigi said...

Wow.. This is great! I can say that this is the first time I visited this site and I found out that most of your blog are interesting to read. Anyway, thanks for sharing your wonderful event.

August 8, 2010 at 2:34 AM  
Blogger Things That Inspire said...

Awww, I was invited but had to decline - I was in California on vacation. I would have flown up to NYC for this had I been home in Atlanta!

Oh well, at least I got to live vicariously through your post.

August 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh how fun!! you look beautiful!!
xoxo

August 8, 2010 at 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast! Great write-up and I loved reading it all. Lucky you!!

August 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM  
Anonymous ABC Dragoo said...

Well, I am a NYC blogger and didn't get an invite either -!- I must admit, my heart broke every time I saw someone tweeting that they'd gotten an invite. Had I only realized people were asking for invites!

When I was a girl, my mom taught me it wasn't nice to ask for invitations, so I didn't think even of it. Now that I am 35, you'd think I'd stop listening to mom once in a while... LOL!

Darnint. It looks like I should have asked! Seems as though everyone was there and gosh, you really had a wonderful opportunity to meet so many fantastic and interesting people!

Glad I could live vicariously though your experience.
xoABCD

August 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

Hmmmm. Now that was nice. With no Twitter and blogger movement done.

September 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Anonymous plumbing said...

Congratulations for your success. It was such a great thing to see that your hard works are very fruitful.

June 7, 2011 at 6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home