Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ruffled!

I have never met a ruffle I didn't like. Scratch that I've never met a ruffle I didn't love!

I constantly wear ruffles, but I don't have a lot of it in my own home's design. It tends to lean on the girly side of things and my manly husband doesn't always love it.

Here is a great DIY project for just a touch of ruffle that I think we could all get away in our homes:






Instructions here.

Now if me and my sewing machine were on speaking terms I would totally try it out. But we are currently on the outs so it's up to you to make one and report back. :)

Image via House & Home

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I saw that shower curtain tutorial, too, and thought it was awesome!

And this is too funny - I literally JUST posted about a couple of ruffled scarves I made! Haha! Ruffle twins!

http://luckybydesign.blogspot.com/2010/08/ruffled-scarf.html

August 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

YES! This is lovely and I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

August 25, 2010 at 4:17 PM  
Blogger Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

i love a ruffled shower curtain. thanks for posting!

August 25, 2010 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger kayce hughes said...

Love it!

August 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Abbie said...

That curtain is cute! It would even match your bathroom. :) If only I could figure out how to use my sewing machine without something dramatic happening...

August 25, 2010 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

agree! I love all kinds of ruffles!

August 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM  
Blogger Simony said...

There's such a French charm to ruffles! Love them!

August 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Fifi Flowers said...

How FUN is that!

August 26, 2010 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

I do love it. We are going to split our daughter & son up on the bathroom situation. They will each have their own. This would be a great project to do for her. She's very girly.

August 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A fantastic shower curtain!!!

August 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home