Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Recap: Sneak Peeks

My install on Friday went really late, but it went well. It was literally 8pm and I was waiting for the last toss pillow to be sewed on my way to clients apartment. Craziness.

I was working on a kitchen nook, dining room and living room that was being installed for a big housewarming bash the very next day. I would love to say I was able to take a ton of pictures, but due to tiredness and the fact that nothing was really 100% finished when I left the full reveal pictures will have to wait.

I did manage to sneak one picture in to give you all an idea of the look we were going for.



We (me and lovely client) were going for a conservatory/library, but modern feel for her dining room.

Our inspiration was Sara Costello's drool worthy kitchen/dining room:



We got an amazing rustic dining table of course on install day in looked like this:



Sorry I didn't get more pictures, but don't worry I've already emailed client and asked her to take some shots and email them to me so that I can share with all!

Saturday was filled with cleaning up the house and finishing up a project I started a couple of weeks ago.

Remember I decided to be nutty and get rid of my perfectly good bed and have Jon build me a new one?

After some work the first weekend in August we had this:



We finished it up this weekend and I'm in love:



Our euro shams cover it up a bit, but I still had to add them to the bed and see what it would look like:



*Also because you all know me I'm currently having new euro shams and toss pillows made! But should be finished this week and then I can check off another room finished.

Working a DIY post to share with all how we made it. Trying to post it this afternoon, but I may need Jon's help for all the dirty details so it maybe a Tuesday morning post. :)

What were you all up to? NY was raining on Sunday so we were able to sleep late, attend a family get together and then back to back for Sunday night TV!

Labels:

29 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm still dying over your wallpaper! Love it! Also, did you make your own headboard or buy? I've been searching for a carpenter in the DC area to have a headboard made for my bedroom. No luck yet! xo

August 23, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

totally in love with your new bed, I cant wait to see the rest of the bedroom pics- everything is coming together so well, soon you will be done, yeahhhh!!!

August 23, 2010 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I cannot wait to see how you made the bed! That is next on our to-do list. (Our mattress is currently on the floor...) I know, sad.

Loved the inspiration photos. Hope to see more "afters" soon!

August 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Simony said...

Your wallpaper and headboard look so beautiful together! I love the green graphic pillow, too!
Good luck with your projects and keep us posted, please. Love your blog!

August 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Maria Johns said...

your bedroom looks AMAZING

August 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger style chronicle said...

It all looks GREAT! Keep it up!!

August 23, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger SHERRY HART said...

Holy crap...an install and building a new bed, all in one weekend! I'm spinning just thinking about it!
It all looks wonderful, and can't wait to see the pictures.

August 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Kwana said...

Wow it all looks just wonderful.

August 23, 2010 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Emily A. Clark said...

Wow, the wallpaper is fabulous! Can't wait to see everything.

And, I love the fabric for your client's drapes. Beautiful work.

August 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Yes I agree with everyone else that wallpaper is awesome!

August 23, 2010 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Those drapes are fab and REALLY mirror Sarah Costello's room ( a fave of mine, too).

I also LOVE the dining table, would you source it for me if possible? Thank you!

August 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Thanks for all the sweet words.

The entire bed was custom made by us and all upholstered. We got our inspiration from the Collette Bed available at C&B for 1,599!http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture/beds/colette-bed/f1480

Ours came in at much, much, much less. We didn't do nailhead trim on ours, but it could totally be done.

The dining room table in my clients home is available here:http://www.claytongrayhome.com/item.php?item_id=724&category_id=69 for 2,300. It's on the pricey side, but if you hire a decorator (like me :) ) that shares her to the trade discount with you it's much less and totally doable.

:)

August 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Emily @ EMILY POSTS said...

LOVE the blue curtains in the clients dining room. Where are they from?

August 23, 2010 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

The curtains in your client's dining room are FAB! What is the fabric?

August 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Where did you find the wallpaper? I absolutely LOVE it. kwhitehead18@hotmail.com

August 23, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Carry Grace said...

I'm really liking the fabric in your clients home!

The new bed looks great!

August 23, 2010 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Fabric is from Brunswig and Fils. Can't find it on their site at the moment.

Fabric for clients curtains is Annie Selks Links. I love it. It comes in a couple of different colorways and available at a bunch of places. I ordered it at housefabric.com

August 23, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love how your wall paper looks with the fabric! So pretty. The pillows are so cute.

Love the drapes in your clients home!That's one of the best fabrics around

August 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Have I mentioned how batty I am over your wallpaper? I know you got it for a steal, and I SO wish I could paper a wall in our casa {sigh} I am using that green in paint for the nursery, so I'm sorta quenching my thirst!

The install looks great - can't wait for more pics!

August 23, 2010 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Your install looks great! I think you guys achieved your inspiration look! Love your new bed!!!

August 23, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big weekend. Everything looks great, can't wait to see the client pics.

August 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Erika Ward said...

I can already tell that your new bed is fab and that wallpaper *clutching my pearls* I actually like the euro pillows better than without. You two are amazing!

August 23, 2010 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

very pretty! love the draperies and your new look in the bedroom! awesome job.

August 23, 2010 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OOh, great inspiration on the drapes, cant wait to see more. Plus, that table looks amaze!

August 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

Awesome Bed! I had some questions but you answered them above. Can't wait for the tutorial.

August 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM  
Anonymous Splendid Sass said...

Love the bed and drapes. Great work you are doing there.
Teresa

August 23, 2010 at 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Kate Collins Interiors said...

I love your new bed and it looks awesome with the wallpaper. I can't wait to see the clients new place in full; amazing work!

August 24, 2010 at 8:20 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Rose said...

Fun to see the install in-progress! Can't wait to see full reveal pictures - the peek at the table looks VERY promising!

August 24, 2010 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Where DID you get those euro shams?!

August 24, 2010 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home