Monday, August 23, 2010

Black Bathroom Update!

Last week I asked you all for advice on my black walls.

I totally thought everyone was going to be on my side and tell me to get rid of the black. I was already envisioning sticking my tongue out at Jon saying I told you so while applying a fresh coat of paint on the walls.

That didn't happen though. You all talked me off the wall and helped me embrace the paint job and so due to all of your wonderful advice I decided to leave it black.

I do want a bit of change though so I think I'm going to switch out a couple of accessories in order to add my pop of color.

I stumbled upon this image in my inspiration files. I believe it's a bathroom in Kate Spades home and it was featured in an 2004 issue of House & Garden:




I love it. So pops of yellow and green it is!

I've already ordered some new monogramed towels:



I picked out the yellow ones and went with some bright orange for the monogram! They are actually on sale at the moment. You can pick out your own set here.

While I had dreams of an imperial trellis shower curtain in emerald that is so not in the budget so I decided to go with this fabric instead:



It's a zig-zag pattern I had a stylish friend help me make a pattern I will be trying out Spoonflower for the first time.

Fingers crossed all goes well!

*Thanks for all of your advice. All of the rooms in the house are really finally at the final stages...for now :) My mom has already made me promise to her that I will leave everything as is for at least 6 months when I'm finished.

We'll see....

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Kate Spade bathroom. I remember it. Love the monogram towels too. Yellow is a good choice.

August 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger SHERRY HART said...

I like all of your options to restyle it! Oh yea...just a thought on leaving everything as it is for 6 months...good luck with that......

August 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Love your ideas, can't wait to see how it turns out!

August 23, 2010 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger autumn said...

the green chevron is going to be soooo fun! can't wait to see it come together.

August 23, 2010 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Kathysue said...

Love the pops of yellow and green!!! the shower curtain is going to look amazing!!! Bold and beautiful. Your Mom should know better than to make you make a promise like that. You can't help it!! WE creative types always have the wheels turning it is in our being, we can not help it!! Kathysue

August 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

adorable bathroom. i wanna see yours! cant wait. xoxo

August 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh kate spade! cant wait!

August 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger traci zeller designs said...

I love that KS bathroom!! Can't wait to see how your bathroom turns out -- I think that is the perfect solution!

August 23, 2010 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see everything!
Yeah, and I would have laughed at my Mom when she said that...that would be impossible!!! Haha.

August 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Pemberley said...

Can't wait to see the big reveal!!

August 24, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Can't wait to see it!

August 24, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home