Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Recap: The Jersey Shore

Hi Loves,

This weekend I did something that I never thought I would do in my life. I went to the jersey shore. That's right I got my tanning oils ready and made sure to pack my bump-its and me and Jon hit the road early Saturday.

I got a bit bored in the car so of coursed I entertained myself with my iphone and started snapping pictures:



We arrived at Belmar, NJ in the late morning and I was pleasantly surprised. It was a cute little beach town full of homes/apts and a large stretch of beach. No Snooki or the Situation in sight.

My first stop was a large antiques that I spotted when we got off the highway:



Walking right in I spotted some sparkly foo dogs so I knew right away I would enjoy this shop:



The shop was filled with lots of vintage finds, but it was a bit annoying that nothing had prices and the owner was a bit rude so our visit was short lived.

We then got ready and hit the beach:



It was so pretty to see all of the beach with pretty colored umbrella's. Jon doesn't really the love the beach. He gets a bit ADD and can't stand just sitting/laying in one place and doing nothing. I loved it. All I need is a good book and I'm in heaven.

We then took a little trip to Point Pleasant Beach where there is a bigger boardwalk with ride/food.

It was crazy! Super packed. So I only got one picture of the beach before the boardwalk madness:



After some treats we headed back to Belmar and got some food and settled in for a movie.

On Sunday we hit the beach again. This time Jon was a bit more cranky to just sit, but I was so wrapped up in finishing up The Help that I easily ignored his case of the grumps. :)

We then hit another antique shop:



This one was full of fun things, but add antique or vintage to anything and the prices go way up!

Take a peek indoors:

Loved that chair. It was part of set of 4 and $675!



Totally feel in love with that small white child's chair:



They also had this crazy monster type thing that no one knows what it is. There is actually a $25 reward if you can figure out what he is:


(Crazy monster is on the left :) )

We then decided to hit the road home and try to avoid traffic.

Of course we hit a little on Long Island, but made it home by 5.



Now don't think we left for the weekend without tackling some home projects this weekend. Two big projects got done. Stay tuned for this afternoon's post for a little sneak peek!

*Sorry for the late post this morning. Technology was failing me. Desktop totally broke down on me, then laptop was giving me problems uploading pictures, finally figure out how to do it and the camera dies so I can't upload pictures. Ah! Then had to code this entire post, because I'm on my Mom's MAC.

Anyone know of any programs similar to Windows Live Writer for Mac? I tired using Marsedit last week, but didn't love it. My new Mac is coming today so I need to start learning some new things.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Mayra said...

What a fun trip!


I love your hat! =]

August 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Thanks!! It's from Urban Outfitters and I love it!

August 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger style chronicle said...

What a pleasant surprise from the Jersey Shore! Love your finds!!

August 9, 2010 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

What a fun trip! Appears you had a good day.
Teresa (Splendid Sass)

August 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

love the monster pic- you are too funny!

August 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Sounds like a fun trip, i lived at the by the NJ shore for most my life, it's beautiful, isn't it?

August 9, 2010 at 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Kate Collins Interiors said...

What a great trip! Looks like fun.

August 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

you are the cutest. looks like such fun!!!!

August 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger undomestic mama said...

So glad you didn't run into Snookie or the Situation! Looks like you had way more fun than they would anyway.

August 9, 2010 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Hilary Dow Ward said...

This is a great post. The hubs and I are going to Destin, FL this week, I'm hoping to have a similar post when we return!
Yay for Beach trips.

August 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Evie said...

First off, I love your new floor! GREAT color! When you said you were going to paint it I thought for sure you would do white...

Secondly, I am now going to have to go to Jersey for my next antique trip....who knew?

August 9, 2010 at 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fist pump!

August 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I was in Belmar this weekend too... for a wedding though. I wish I had found some antique stores to explore!

August 10, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home