Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shop Girl: Eataly NYC

A couple of weeks ago I was waiting at a traffic light in Manhattan and saw a massive line of people waiting to get into a store. I had never heard anything about it and merely saw a sign that said gelato. It was hot that day in the city, but not hot enough to warrant a line wrapping around the block. It was craziness.

The next day I'm online and I realize it was the opening day of Eataly a new indoor take on the Italian marketplace. One of the owners is none other than Mario Batali hence the crazy line.

I haven't made it back to check it out for myself, but I'm totally intrigued.

I found some images of the store online and had to share them with all.

Imagine having a pantry like this at home:



Like a real street corner in Italy there is signage to show you the way:



I know want to empty out my fridge and fill it with baskets to house fresh veggies:



I love carbs so I will have to go check out this bread station in person:



After I'm done stuffing myself with bread I think I would balance the calories with a piece of fruit!



I love good store display and this place does not disappoint. I can totally see myself overpaying for a loaf of bread or some fancy cheese.

Yum! Have any NY readers checked it out yet?

Images via Eataly's Facebook page

*Apparently Martha and me were thinking the same thing today. Totally happens when you are so close to someone ;) and her show today was about Eataly as well! Check out some video footage here. Thanks for the heads up Janna!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lissa Pierce said...

Wow! That definitely looks like a store I would have trouble keeping my cart empty at. Displaying food like that makes me want to take it all home. Let us know what it's like when you go!

September 14, 2010 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Janna said...

I just saw this place featured on Martha Stewart today. Pretty cool.

September 14, 2010 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Read about this on Tory Burch's blog. Can't wait to go but I think the lines are still out the door. Thanks for a great post/photos!

September 14, 2010 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Splendid Sass said...

I am seriously jealous! This is unbelievable. The closet thing we have to that is Fresh market, which I adore.
Have a nice day!
Teresa

September 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Decor I Adore said...

I was just watching Martha Stewart and she featured Eataly on her show... my mouth was watering during the whole segment... Must got to that place when I'm in NY.

September 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home