Friday, October 22, 2010

Road Trip...

Part of celebrating Jon's birthday is a trip into Connecticut tomorrow to go here:




Thrilling I know. :) I am more than happy to go since you know the man helps me out so much and his weekends are normally filled with interior design projects. Since it is a rather long drive (2 and half hours) I was hoping some of my lovely readers would let me in on an great thrift stores, home stores, etc in the area so that I could stay entertained while Jon roams through aisles and aisles of fishing lures.



We are going to be in East Hartford, CT.

P.S. : Thanks to all who took some time and left Jon a birthday comment yesterday. He was really excited about it!

He had a couple of words to add to this mornings post. In case you didn't see it here it is again:

Hey everyone it's Jon. I just wanted to thank everyone for all of your sweet thoughts on my birthday. I'm glad that you enjoy our projects. I'm sure Camila will be starting a waiting list for all of you ladies that want to hire me out. Perhaps a road trip across America is in my near future? I'm sure you'll be seeing my hairy arms in many future projects to come. Didn't have to work on any last night, but Camila has a nice list for this weekend. JK you know I love her, but seriously we're working on finishing a project this weekend that was my baby from the beginning. I think you'll all love it.

-Jon

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Cabela's. Yes, I have spent my fair share in that place with the hubby---it makes them so happy, doesn't it? Hoping you will get lots of great tips on "design-savvy" places you can camp out in during his Cabela's adventure. :) Have fun!

October 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger La Bonbonniere said...

Have fun! Go to West Hartford---just a few more exits down the highway--for shopping and dining.
Its such a cute town with tons of great places to visit. I think its your best bet in the area.

To eat:
Briccos on LaSalle road
Besito on North Main Street
Flemings on North Main Street
Rizzutos in Blue Back Square

Shopping:
Blue Back Square with crate and barrel

Farmington Avenue shops in West Hartford Center

consignment furniture shop on the corner of north main and sedgewick road in west hartford. very cute stuff!! Can't think of name.

October 22, 2010 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Oh, how wild! I live in the next town over (Glastonbury) and have a couple of recommendations. There is antique store in Glastonbury called 'Griswold St. Antiques' which can be at times pricey, but I've found some cool stuff there. There are a ton of places in West Hartford which I'd recommend: Three Ladies Antiques and Revival Home Consignment. Then they're are the nicer decor stores: Comina. THere is an awesome fabric store in Bridgeport called The Barn. I hope some of these leads work - I feel it is only appropriate to return the favor since you gave me the lead on the chippendale chair! :) Good luck!

October 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger abby jenkins said...

Grab a moose call for me!!!

October 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Ooo, Fran - we're neighbors! I live in Glastonbury, too! I definitely agree. Camila, you should either go to Glastonbury's Griswold Street Antiques (um - there's a Goodwill Boutique as well for a quick check), and/or West Hartford Center. You can park in one spot (in the area of La Salle Rd or Farmington Ave) and walk all over the place. Although I don't know if Three Ladies and Revival are within walking distance. Thankfully, the Huskies are out of town this weekend, or you'd be dealing with a TON of traffic (Cabela's is right in the Football Stadium's parking lot.) Have fun! Btw - I'd recommend all those restaurants above. We're doing Bricco's in Gbury tonight.

October 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop in Stamford, if you can, and try United House Wrecking on Hope Street.

October 22, 2010 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Definitely go to West Hartford. They have the cutest shops on Farmington Ave. I love it there and tons of good shopping. Have fun!

October 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Ha! Come see me at Privet House, in Warren. ;-) Litchfield County is absolutely stunning this time of year. Get your warm clothes out, though, we saw some snowflakes today!
Here: www.privethouse.com

October 22, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Jade @ Flip Flops + Pearls Design said...

Oh, have fun! I always get roped into Bass Pro Shops and my husband walks the aisles looking at every little thing and I am bored out of mind. It reminds me how much he loves clothes shopping with me!

Way to take one for the team!!

October 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM  
Blogger Lovin That! said...

Have fun!

I really enjoy your blog. I've recently started my own lifestyle blog here in Vancouver, BC. Check out www.lovinthat.blogspot

I'd welcome your feedback...

October 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

How fun! ahhah Maybe you can go to Bass Pro Shop too!

October 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jon! I tried leaving a comment on your bday post ALL day and my computer wouldn't load that silly little word verification thing! So annoying! Anyway, I hope you had a fabulous birthday! I think this is year for the HGTV show! Love you!
xoxo

October 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home