Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mirror, mirror on the wall



I had a little time on my hands (translation: I was totally bored at work) and I wandered on to Anthropologie to check out everything I want, but totally can't afford. Of course Anthro always delivers and I found this beautiful mirror you see above. I love the details of the polished bone inlay that creates a beautiful design that while feminine is not overly girly. Plus the leafy green background would go perfect in my bedroom and add I a Bohemian feel to my space.

Another reason that I may be bias about this mirror is that it reminds me of one of my favorite Interior Designers: Anna Spiro from the land down under. I adore her style. Everything she designs makes me completely jealous that it is not my home. I would love to live in Australia and train under her. She has a great talent for mixing vintage pieces and modern pieces and just making it work. Her beach home is a perfect example of her style. She is not afraid of color and mixing and matching different fabrics and patterns. Plus her beach home shows a touch of beach and the ocean with her accessories and art work choices, but it is not too over the top theme oriented. If you haven't had a chance to read up on her I recommend that you quickly sign up to receive her blog feeds. She is perfection.

The picture below from one of Anna's post is what I thought of when I saw the mirror from Anthro:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home