Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Bull in a China Shop

Most girls heart swoon over the vision of an amazing closet. We all know and love the scene in Sex and the City in which Carrie asks Big for a closet instead of an engagement ring. The finished product is perfection and I like every other woman was completely jealous in seeing it.

I've always loved clothes, shoes and handbags, but now as a home owner I found myself putting my house before myself. Instead of purchasing a new pair of boots I now put that money towards dinnerware, glasses and silverware.

Now a days this is the type of closet that makes my heart flutter:


Image via House Beautiful

Amazing!!! This gorgeous room belongs to none other than: Bunny Williams. It is a closet for all of her China pieces. I love the huge island that she picked to go in the room. It makes it so easy to try out different tablescapes before your guests arrive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Oh to have a closet large enough to hold all my things. Let's see, I currently use my closet, about a quarter of JJ's closet, underneath our bed (for belts, boots, and handbags), and underneath the guest bed (for winter clothes that can't be stored in heat), and the attic for the rest. Living in a 1250 sq ft home sometimes does have it's drawbacks when it comes to clothing storage!

December 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

We are so alike! I have in my file to do a closet blog. One day I will post my actual closet and show everyone how incredibly sad and small it is. It is literally smaller than the island shown in the picture! I also know what you mean about house coming before wardrobe, I may have to take a house shopping break to help the wardrobe a little.

December 5, 2008 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I have the same problem. No closet space at all. I use up all of the dresser and the closets in my bedroom. My poor husband has to put his clothes in the office closet. Poor him and I'm slowly migrating my stuff in there as well.

:)

December 5, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home