Friday, September 18, 2009

The Cat’s Meow

Last week while  I was perusing all the items at Fish Eddy with Caitlin we both stopped to admire some vintage looking dish towels. We both thought they were rather darling and I thought it best to share since I’ve been hooked on them since then.



Enter Cat Studio they were inspired by vintage souvenir pillows from the 30s and 40s. The put the prints on dish towels, pillows, aprons, tray, totes and drinking glasses.




Here are some of my favorites:



newyorkcitydish 

I was born and raised in NYC right by the South St. Seaport and Financial District so this dish towel would definitely be coming home with me.



Now I live in the suburbs of NYC so I would also need this one as well:



nystatedish



Plus how chic would this one look in a beach house (preferably one I will one day own):



hamptons



If you twist my arm I would also enjoy a summer home here:



marthasvineyard 



At only $20 a pop for a dish towel I would happily purchase as many as I like and use them in the kitchen, frame them and even make some toss pillows!



californiapillow {Would some day like to live here!}



They make toss pillows as well, but for the $149 price tag I’ll take a dish towel and either some spare fabric or a cloth napkin for a backing and make one myself!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

If your going to San Francisco... be sure to wear flowers in your hair. Ahhh I love my state. I think I am needing the California towel.

September 18, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Hopeless Chest said...

i've posted their pillows before. LOVE THEM. i will have to spluge and get the NYC and Canada pillows i think.

September 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

I see a Christmas wish list with an Alabama and Texas dishtowel in my future! Thanks for the link those are so awesome. You should tell some stories about growing up in NYC it seems so cool coming from someone that grew up in a rural Alabama town of 3,000!

September 18, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger Midwest Modern said...

Great minds think alike! My mom bought these pillows for me and my sister a few years ago for Christmas - Boston and New York, respectively

September 18, 2009 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh Liz has this pillow for Boston! And I always wanted a NY one!!!

September 18, 2009 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger susieq said...

I have the Atlanta pillow and a collection of their juice glasses. If you can, get into the gift shows. I bought mine wholesale and it was a fraction of the retail price.

September 18, 2009 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger behind the fourth door said...

Squeel!! The NJ one has Lucy the Elephant on it! I got married inside of Lucy! Yeah, I'm so buying a few of these dish towels now :)

September 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love these! Did you see the ones in Julie and Julia? So cute. I am interested in seeing what the pillow would look like if you would make one with a dish towel. How fun that you got to meet Caitlin!

September 18, 2009 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Kalee said...

These are precious and would be a whimsical touch for any room. So cute!

September 18, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

I've seen the pillows but not the dish towels..they are perfect! Especially the price.

September 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

I really wish they weren't so expensive because they would look amaaaaazing in my living room. Thanks for sharing!

September 18, 2009 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Great idea to make a apillow out of them...I was always going to collect tea towels and tablecloths like that...only have 1.

September 19, 2009 at 5:14 AM  
Blogger the southern hostess said...

These are great! And I love how affordable the dish towels are.

September 19, 2009 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

i LOVE their stuff ... have several pieces!

September 19, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Had to tell you --- just, finally, got the shoes here in KL and OMG I LOVE THEM!!! They are the most comfortable sandals I own, hands down. Immediately threw them on and haven't taken them off yet. You're the best! xx

September 19, 2009 at 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this pillow at a store here (with WA on it) and totally loved it too. Being an ex-New Yorker and at heart, I think I want the New York one though.

September 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Those are too fun. LOVE the first one!

September 21, 2009 at 5:36 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I have three of the dish towels- one for each of the three states that I have lived in. Idaho, Mississippi, and Alabama. I love them.

September 22, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home