Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weekend Recap: The Highlights

I know this recap is a bit late, but I wanted to share with you some of the fun that was had this weekend!



Due to an amazing heads up from Kristen I was in the know of a  too good to be true warehouse sale at Brunschwig & Fils.



So I headed out Friday morning to White Plains to check it out. To be perfectly honest I was expecting to leave empty handed. Being so close to Manhattan I’m constantly going in for sample sales, etc and they are always a bust.

Boy was I in for a shock when I entered the showroom and it was packed to the brim with rolls and rolls and fabric. There was actually a specific pattern I was looking for and I happened to find in just in the wrong color way.



I did find some lovely things to come home with me.

Here goes:



I’ve been on a huge bird kick lately and these fabrics did not disappoint. I found the pattern in two color-ways so I snapped them up quickly. Each piece which had about 3 yards each came up to…… $5 each!



rcaplayerfabricsale 025



The next fabric that caught my eye was:



rcaplayerfabricsale 021



I’m loving the blue, whites and cream and again only $5 and this time it was 4 yards!



I also had my eyes on fabric for a client’s master bedroom. The client loves Victornia style and wanted something romantic and warm.



rcaplayerfabricsale 022



This pattern fit the bill and again only $5 for 4 yards! Plus the lovely staff made me aware that it was wrinkle free fabric. No need for ironing!



Making one wrong turn in the showroom turned into a dream come true when I saw a room filled with wallpaper!



I have no idea where I’m going to use these. I think I’ll save them for clients, but I walked home with:



3 triple rolls that came in a $15 a piece!!!!!



rcaplayerfabricsale 019



Plus 3 doubles of this lovely emerald green pattern at $10 a roll:



rcaplayerfabricsale 018



One other highlight of this weekend was getting to met up with Liz a fellow blogger who I also know pretty well, because she is one of my sister’s besties.



Said  sissy (Danay) had her birthday party at Water Taxi Beach on Saturday. If you live in NY you will now that raining most of the evening! Lucky for us they had tents!



Here is shot of me and Liz:



meandliz

Doesn’t she look stylish in her cute shorts, tee, Anthro necklace and Marc Jacobs clutch! I told you guys you would want 5 mins in her closet to get your hands on everything.



Plus a token sissy shot. Don’t you worry Mom and Dad also made the party. The enjoyed the dance floor quite a bit, but I don’t have those shots yet.



sissyshot



So there you go another weekend recap! Hope you had a great one as well. I’m counting down the seconds till the next one.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

hate you a little bit right now, that paper is TO.DIE.FOR- I want that green one for my bathroom- LOVE IT!!

September 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

Awesome finds!! When I was in college we went to the BF showroom on a field trip and they were getting rid of tons of samples. I still have many of them, but wasn't lucky enough to have whole yard cuts.

September 15, 2009 at 5:56 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

green paper envy for sure!! and your dress is uh-dorable!!

September 15, 2009 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

ALL of those fabrics are heavenly... and your outfit is to die for!! Love it!!

September 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger deliciously organized said...

wow! lucky! beautiful prints! Sounds like a great weekend!!!

September 15, 2009 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Dumbwit Tellher said...

Such adorable photos of all you girls. I am highly jealous of your terrific find, especially the wallpaper. What a great weekend!!

September 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Lala said...

Love that fabric...especially the emerald green... LOVE. And your outfit is so adorable, tres chic!

September 15, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

Lucky girl! I did my internship at B&F and oh, how I miss the sample sales {and all the free remnants of discon'd fab fabrics!} Looks like you got some amazing finds!!

September 15, 2009 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Midwest Modern said...

Love the pictures, Camila! It was so good to see you guys this weekend...2 new stores - one clothing, one home goods - just opened on my street so I think its about time you take a sissy-trip up here w/ D & X!

September 16, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH what great finds!!!

September 16, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

LOVE love love lall those fabrics! The green chinoserie-ish one is amazing!

September 16, 2009 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ew, I look gross in the sister pic. At least the luau theme made the picture. Thanks for partying til the wee hours.

And I 2nd ELizabeth's comment.

September 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Alicia B. Designs said...

I love the blue fabric! I desparately wanted to go but had no means of getting to the warehouse. SAD! Glad you got some great fabric though.

September 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger Matters of Style said...

LOVE the green chinoiserie wallpaper!!!

September 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Freckles Chick said...

You fashionistas are adorable! Love your dress, C!

September 16, 2009 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger PS~Erin said...

SOunds like an awesome weekend!!

September 16, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

love that green one-- awesome finds!!!!! you girls look beautiful amd your dad is such a sweetie!!!!

xoxoxox

September 16, 2009 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

I'm such an idiot. Why didn't I go with you to that sale.

What were the prices like?

September 17, 2009 at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home