Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lady of the House

My dad is a pretty sweet guy. Calls me just to say hello, brings me home surprises from work just like when I was little and is totally involved with all of his daughter's lives.

He tries to be hip and with it by knowing all of latest happenings in the entertainment world to have discussion points with all of the ladies in his house.

Since design is my favorite topic of conversation he has started to learn about it as well. Tonight over dinner he handed me his copy of  The New Yorker with a great profile on none other than design goddess, Kelly Wearstler.

Yes, to most she is just know for your quirky outfits, but to the design obsessed her take on Hollywood Regency is the cat’s meow.

 



Since this article isn’t available online let I figured I would scan it and give all my readers a chance to give it a read.



kellywearstler 002

kellywearstler 003

kellywearstler 004

kellywearstler 005

kellywearstler 006

kellywearstler 007



Click on the images to see them larger. If you have a couple of minutes it’s worth the read. You’ll totally get wrapped up in her over-sized, ornate, gold filled world and all the steps it took to get her into the design world. She even had a side trip to Playboy! (Scandalous, I know.)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger pve design said...

Your Dad sounds so cool!
pve

September 16, 2009 at 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww your dad sounds awesome!!

September 16, 2009 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Your dad sounds a lot like mine... I love that he read that article with you in mind. Little things like that, to me, are makes this such a wonderful world.

September 16, 2009 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Viera said...

We love our Dads; dont't we!?
Thanks for stoping by.
XX
V

September 16, 2009 at 11:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She seems fabulous and decadent ... even that photo speaks volumes!

September 17, 2009 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

what a great dad!! Design would put most dads to sleep..

September 17, 2009 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

i think she's pretty fabulous and people who say she isn't are just jealous.

September 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Awwww, you give that dad of yours a great big smooch just for me. I miss my daddy so much, gone 12 years next month.

September 17, 2009 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That's pretty cool to have your Dad find something to talk with you about.

September 17, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger susieq said...

Aw, that's so sweet. I miss my dad so much. He + my mom were both involved in our lives and as generous as your dad.

September 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home