Friday, September 11, 2009

IN HER SHOES: C plus C

Ok so there is no blog by the name of C plus C, it was just my way of letting you know that I (Camila) got to meet up yesterday with Caitlin from Caitlin Creer Interiors!



Caitlin was on a mini vacation with her family and I was very lucky to have her squeeze me into her trip. I know she had lots to do with friends to visit, sites to see and even a client meeting or two so it was great that we were able to meet up.



We met on Spring St (side note: When I met up with Lauren we also meet on Spring St. Totally random and not really planned)



From Spring St we headed out to grab a bite before we hit the shops. One has to always be on their A game when shopping so nourishment was a must!



We stopped for some roasted corn, drinks, and design talk at Cafe Habana.



cafeh



From there we decided to make our way to John Derian. We had a couple of pit stops along the way and checked out the decor at Tory Burch!



tory_burch_store_in_soho11



The shop is unbelievable beautiful. Not only filled with amazing clothes and her signature logo, but the color orange is everywhere! Totally heaven plus it also sparked some design talk with two of us and how we dress ourselves really ties into our interior design style!



Next stop on the tour was Billy's Antiques and Props.



billys 



Where we said, Love about a thousand times. The sale associate was totally bummed when we walked out empty handed, but we promised to return when we had more $.



The next stop was completely unplanned. As we were turning the corner at Billy’s we stopped dead in our tracks at the awe of an amazing townhouse that was right before our eyes. It took me a second, but I then realized it was the home of……..



miles reed 002

Legendary designer  Miles Redd. It was too good to be true. We took out our cameras and started shooting away. In doing some research this morning about the home I found out that his sister and brother in law actually live on the first two floors. Totally makes sense to me now, because yesterday during our shooting a stunning blonde woman opened the door. Let’s just say she didn’t look pleased. I just smiled and waved and took this shot below.



miles reed 004



We took a peek in the front windows and saw a glimpse of the curtains with just a little touch of ruffle. In searching Miles’s portfolio I think this may be the room we were peeking into:



milesredd



This is just one of many reasons why I love NYC you never know what you are going to stumble into. We pretty much decided that stumbling onto Mile’s doorstep was a sign that we meant to be in the design field and we were totally going to make it.



We finally arrived at our destination John Derian. If you are ever in NY you must it make your main objective to visit his two shops. They are full of inspiration, love and plain old pretty!



johnderian

 johnderian2

coasters

*I was too chicken to whip out my massive camera in this shop so these images were borrowed from Haystack Needle.*



After lifting our jaws off the floor we left empty handed! I’m already thinking of making a return trip next week and picking something up for myself.



Our next stop was ABC Home, but of course we stopped along the way at ….. KMART! KMART is a go to store for a budget decorator.



Caitlin found this amazing pineapple lamp for only $24.99



pineapple lamp



Now all that is needed a drum shade and If you head on over to their home improvement section and pick up a can of spray paint you can have this look:



artichoke lamp

Yes I know it’s an artichoke, but still a similar look and feel for pennies compared to the $625 price tag on the artichoke!!!!



On our way out we both stopped in awe over some amazing furniture finds from Country Living.



country

Sorry for the poor image quality, but the pieces are unbelievable and even cheaper online than in the store.



The storage bench in a neutral tufted linen with nail head trim is only $99.99



The X- side table with tray that has a mirrored top is only $69.99.



The Linen Wood Accent Chair with nail head trim is only $99.99!



The list goes on and on with a chic vanity, linen, side table, dresser, etc. Your really must check it out.



We did finally reach ABC Home.



abc home



The store is like a dream. Beautiful, but at times totally unattainable. We used it is an amazing piece of inspiration! We were already talking about new DIY projects we wanted to try out.



At this point we had to say our goodbyes. It was so sad. We totally meshed together, have a very similar design style and love using a lot of DIY in our projects. It was great to have someone to bounce ideas off of. I so want Caitlin to move back and we can conquer NY together!!!!



On our way out I saw a glimpse of one of my favorite shops: Fishs Eddy.



fishseddy

This is also another must if you are in NYC.



Lucky for me Caitlin was walking that direction as well and decided to stop in with me. I guess she couldn’t get enough of me :) So we did a spin around the floor and then she really had to leave me. So sad.



I hope you enjoyed seeing a little glimpse into our lives. It was a lot of fun. I was so overwhelmed that I totally forgot to snap our shoes, but don’t you worry we looked stylish and chic.



xoxo,



Camila

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

omgah, I'm headed to K-Mart ASAP!

September 11, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

lucky you...no bloggers near me except for sea of shoes and her mom...

September 11, 2009 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Aliyah El said...

"We pretty much decided that stumbling onto Mile’s doorstep was a sign that we meant to be in the design field and we were totally going to make it." I love that. I lived in the city when I was at NYU. Such an adventure, all the time!

September 11, 2009 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

What a fun afternoon and I cant believe you just happened to see Miles Redds house- it is just STUNNING!!

September 11, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Wow, that sounds like such a fun day!!! Thanks for taking us along with all the fun pictures! I so want to go Fishs Eddy!!

September 11, 2009 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

So excited to see this post! I'm pretty new to living in NYC and just yesterday I went to Fishs Eddy for the first time (fell in love!). Such a great city to explore, love your blog. :)

September 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Alicia B. Designs said...

Ah that sounds like a really great day...a fuller version of a day i've had a few times. SO jealous of your Miles Redd find--it's totally fate!

September 11, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day! What a treat to meet up with another blogger so talented. Love that door and the pinapple lamp.

September 11, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

What an awesome post... so many wonderful things!! Roasted corn- yum!! And those leopard chairs in that designers's room you peeked into are AMAZING!! And I think I would like to have one of those pineapple lamps for myself!!

September 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM  
Blogger Kalee said...

Looks like I need to make my way to the closest K-Mart. Fabulous post!

September 11, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

This is such a wonderful post. It made me want to hang out with the two of you! :) Glad you had such a great time!

September 11, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

It really was a wonderful day. I have a head full of thoughts to email you but it will have to wait until I get home.

SO so fun! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon!

September 11, 2009 at 10:10 PM  
Blogger Maureen Stevens said...

What a wonderful shopping day! I just adore John Derian & his work. Haven't seen his shop in real life but I've seen his pieces all over!

September 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM  
Blogger Yansy said...

Camila, it sounds like you two had a blast. I would love to meet up with you when I'm up North in the fall.

September 12, 2009 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Camila- Sounds so fun. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Love John Derian... but have never been to his shop. Will have to do that the next time I head to NYC.

Off to look at the Kmart stuff now...

September 12, 2009 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger shi(f)t said...

sounds to fun! (loving that pineapple lamp!!)

September 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I love John Derian's plates! It'd probably be bittersweet for me to visit his shop - I'd love to see all those pretty things, but I'd be so sad that I couldn't take them all home with me!

And I love the lamp. Too bad we have no Kmarts near us. :-(

September 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Blogger Hopeless Chest said...

WAhhhh! Thank you for reminding me why I am dying to return to NYC. I haven't been back in a few years and I've been aching to go and see ABC and Fish's Eddy.

I'm going to go pout now.

September 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

So jealous, wish I had been there. What an amazing townhouse, you are so lucky to have stumbled across it!

September 15, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home