Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dwelling on…..

well Dwell Studio of course!



I’ve recently had dwell on the brain 24/7! Why you may ask?



Well, I’m going for a chinoiserie type look for my dining room, because I think it would be a perfect mix of modern and traditional styles in my room.



My dining room furniture is old vintage so there is my traditional, but I wanted something a bit more modern for the rest of the look in the room.



Of course I found the perfect pattern with a touch of chinoiserie , the perfect color palette, and Jon okayed it!





Only problem is that the lovely people at Dwell Studio only make their pearl chinoiserie pattern for duvet sets!



I’ve emailed them begging to find out when they are going to start selling their patterns by the yard and was told it’s in the works, but they have no time frame for it.



Ah! Now I could just buy the the largest duvet and try and use that, but with the way the birds are laid out it wouldn’t work on covering the seats, but would maybe work for window treatments.



So I’m sending out an SOS for all my dear readers. Has anyone found something similar that will give me this same look in the same color palette?



The closest I have found is this:

reigatecalicocorners



Another option I thought of was to get someone to help me make my own design using Spoon Flower.

Only problems here are that:



A. Have no idea who this person is and how I can find them. Perhaps a graphic designer?



B. I pretty much want the pattern to look exactly like the Dwell print and it would then be a knock-off, which is making me sad and I’m sure is a no-no.



C. Even though problem B. makes me feel bad I still secretly want to go that route so I can get exactly what I want.



D. I guess it’s not a secret anymore since I just blogged out it here. :)



Any help would be greatly appreciated! I feel like I’ve search high and low to find the perfect replacement, but I’m hoping I missed something and that you all can help me out.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger pve design said...

Are you sure that the duvet would not work?
I will check and see, there is another modish fab source and you may like the look....
pve

September 3, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger pve design said...

what about "design public" or my friend "blinkdecor" has a ton of resources....
pve

September 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

It is soooo hard when you have the PERFECT thing in mind. Nothing else comes close. I haven't seen anything like this but I will keep my eyes open!!! And it's so beautiful by the way- I can see why you love it!

September 3, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

You know, http://www.griffinandwong.com/ can make more or less whatever you want. Their prices are also decent, and everything is hand painted. The advantage with G&W is that you can choose yourself what colors you want, how many or how few birds, if there's elements you want removed or added. So I would say it's the perfect opportunity to get a custom wallpaper that will be very close to the Dwell pattern you love so much :)

September 3, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Yansy said...

Dagny has a great idea when it comes to having it custom made. I also think that the duvet could work. I hope it does, I just that pattern and I know your living room will turn out amazing.

September 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Thanks Dagny,

That is a great resource, but since my current home is not my forever home I didn't really want to put a lot of money into wallpaper when I can't take it with me.

I'm leaning more towards finding a fabric solution.

September 3, 2009 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger Lynett said...

Nothing comes to mind but I've been obsessing over that Dwell duvet forever!!! It's gorgeous!

September 3, 2009 at 1:01 PM  
Blogger Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Yeah, I can't help much either, but I ADORE that Dwell print!!

September 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

The #2 fabric is available at Calico Corners

September 3, 2009 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I wish I could be of help, but I am not a graphic designer and I dont work for Dwell, I wish I did though.

I hope someone out there has an answer for you because I love that pattern and I think it would look great with your vintage dining set.

September 3, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

((I have "borrowed" the infamous trellis print from Kelly Wearstler and created it on spoonflower... just our little secret))

September 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

love it~

September 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

I wish I could help on the fabric, I'll keep my eyes open. Not sure what your set looks like now but that print would look so awesome with some faux bamboo lacquer dining chairs! Good Luck

September 3, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's absolutely lovely - I've come across a lot of similar prints in the last few weeks but nothing as nice as that.

September 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

Camilla,

have you seen the place mats that dwell just came out with in this same pattern? Maybe you could do those on the table and coordinating fabric on the seats to still get that touch.

Or frame the placements in a grouping on the wall?

Another option is buying the duvet and doing curtains?

I've actually used a duvet for curtains before and was amazing how great they looked.

September 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

:( o cam
t think of anything right now but will let you know if i come up with anything. love the fabric though.

September 4, 2009 at 8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can offer no help whatsoever. I just wanted to say how much I like Dwell. I just blogged about it yesterday, in fact. Have a good weekend, Camila!

September 4, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i shall look for a replacement! i love this!

September 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

Ok, this is not what you are looking for in the fabric, but it is still intresting
http://warmbiscuit.com/vintage-botanical-fabric.html

September 10, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home