Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Recap: Bye bye Summer

I can’t believe that the summer has already come and gone. So sad. In waking up this morning and looking at the window it actually looks like fall already. Gone is the sunshine and in it’s place is dreary gray!



We spent one of our last summer days out on the North Fork, which is one of my favorite places on all of LI! If you are ever around my neck of the woods you should totally go and of course make time to have lunch with me as well!!!



Saturday morning we woke up at 5:30am in order to make it on the road at 6am to see Jon jump his first solo jump.



On the car ride there my sissy Daniela decided she would join Jon as well.



DSC_1059



Here they are all ready to go. Due to some clouds we had to wait for a couple of hours before they were able to jump.



DSC_1075



Here is my super cute Mom entertaining herself why we waited.



DSC_1067



Up they went…



DSC_0001



and luckily down the went as well…



DSC_0008



Everyone safely on the ground:



DSC_0053



By this point it was now 11 am and everyone was super hungry so we headed out to Love Lane Kitchen. Not only was everything delish, but it had a great decor to boot. With white penny tiles on the floor, beadboard on all of the walls, black and white photography and School House Electric lighting  I was in heaven with this chic and beachy find.



inside Love Lane Kitchen-1



ss_restaurant



We then headed out to The Old Field vineyards which have been around since 1918.



oldfield



We also made an additional stop at my favorite LI Vineyard: Duck Walk where our favorite wine was South Hampton White.



southhamptonwhite I totally decided it was favorite based on the label!



We then headed out to a fruit stand where my sissy’s decided to be silly:



SkyDiveParentsAnniversary 107



Of course we got no fruit and hurried out of there to make it to SCOOPs for some Hershey’s ice cream.



SkyDiveParentsAnniversary 111



After our SCOOPs we then made one last stop to get roasted corn. It was one of my mom’s request for the final touch in a totally perfect day!



All in all it was a great send off to summer! I hope you all had a fab weekend! Please share! You know I love to know what you are up to.

Labels:

29 Comments:

Blogger Jenny at LGN said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend, Camila!!

BTW, thanks for the comment this morning...I hope that the rambling email I sent you last week made sense! I was a little tired when I wrote/sent it!

:)

September 8, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Devon said...

Now that, my friend, sounds like a perfectly wonderful weekend. Great photos and great fun!

September 8, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

Oh, wow that is some weekend. You are a brave little soul!

September 8, 2009 at 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun-filled weekend you had! Glad everyone made it back to the ground safely. I imagine you have as fun with your sisters as I do with mine. It's great to have them around, isn't it?

September 8, 2009 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger nelya said...

Sounds like so much fun and the weather looks gorgeous!

September 8, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Yeah! I am glad you had a good time with your family! All of you girls are so pretty... I'm jelous!

September 8, 2009 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I LOVE Duck Walk- I'm not sure if I told you that before or not :)

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, I've always wanted to go sky diving, your sister and Jon look so cute in all their gear :)

September 8, 2009 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger A New England Girl said...

What a fantastic way to end the summer and this holiday weekend! You all look so happy. :)

September 8, 2009 at 11:28 AM  
Blogger Honeygo Beasley said...

Looks like fun~glad you enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend.

September 8, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always pick my wine by the label!!

sounds like a lovely weekend!

September 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger Yelena said...

sounds like an amazing weekend! :)

September 8, 2009 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

OKAY, so that was a lot in one post! So sis & hubby went SKYDIVING, then y'all hit up a winery, grabbed some ice cream and made time to note all the super cute decor! yah, totally sounds like my typical labor day weekend-except I'd have to hit the winery before sis & hubby went skydiving...whatevs!!

September 8, 2009 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Everything looks so fun!! Being silly is the best- and paired with wine, pretty much perfection!

September 8, 2009 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

what a wonderful weekend!! i can't believe they jumped...that makes my palms sweaty!

September 8, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Yansy said...

Sounds like you had a blast. BTW, you look stunning in that picture, as always.

September 8, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

looks like fun!! i went to see a movie with my 4 year old. and now we are all sick. booo! this is the part of farewell summer i hate most..the germy, flu-y, nasty part.

-debbie downer

September 8, 2009 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Have you had a chance to go jump with him? My boyfriend is an avid jumper and has something like 700 under his belt and is now an AFF instructor. I have been once, not really my thing.

If you are ever out in the Bay Area have him try Bay Area Skydiving http://www.bayareaskydiving.com/

September 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for capturing our fun-filled weekend! I think I asked to take a picture every 5 minutes, just wanted all to see the fun that was had...ps amazed my underwear didnt making it in the jumping shot, pleased but amazed.

September 8, 2009 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

sounds like fun!!! you're too cute in that dress!!

had a crazy weekend as usual but dave did the hardwood floors!!!! can't believe it's done!!!!! just need to do baseboard and a million other things hahaha
xoxo
how are you?!!!

September 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Maria Killam said...

So much fun, and I loved the photo of the sisters :) That was the best one!
x
Maria

September 8, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

Oh my gosh, what a day!!!! I promise I am getting to your e-mail soon!!!! I just wanted to wait til I had time to sit and really give a good response!

September 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Camila- What a fun weekend. Loved the pics!

September 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

wow sounds like a amazing weekend! mine was spent cleaning and organizing so i'm having weekend envy right now! xo

September 8, 2009 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Joi said...

Sounds like the perfect day! : )

September 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger ###### said...

What a cute post...bye summer...i wont miss the heat at all....just wearing my sunglasses.

September 9, 2009 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger Kwana said...

What a great weekend. Thanks for sharing your exciting pics. Mine was low key in comparison. Just getting the kids ready for school.

September 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

What a way to end summer..all that in one day? you put me to shame!! PS your family is just too cute!!

September 9, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

It sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm sad that the summer is ending too :( It went by much too quickly!

September 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Under a Green Roof said...

what a fun weekend! thanks for sharing with us! jealous of the skydiving . . . and the corn!!!

September 9, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home