Monday, November 16, 2009

The Martha Rules: 6-10

This weekend I finished up The Martha Rules along with finishing up a couple of home projects as well that I will share this week!

 



The remaining rules in Martha’s book are for businesses that have been around for a couple of years. Since I haven’t been around for a year yet I really didn’t have my own two cents to add to the conversation. So I figured it best to just share the final rules with you all at once!

 



Rule #6: Quality should be placed at the top of your list of priorities, and it should remain there. Quality is something you should strive for in every decision, everyday.

 



ms1



Rule #7: Seek out and hire employees who are brimming with talent, energy, integrity, optimism, and generosity. Search for advisors and partners who complement your skills and understand your ideals.



ms2



Rule #8: When faced with a business challenge, evaluate or assess the situation, gather the good things in sight, abandon the bad, clear your mind, and move on. Focus on the positive. Stay in control, and never panic.



ms3



Rule #9: In business, there’s a difference between a risk and chance. A well-calculated risk may very well end up as an investment in your business. A careless chance can cause it to crumble. And when an opportunity presents itself, never assume it will be your last.



ms4



Rule #10: Listen intently, learn new things every day. Be willing to innovate, and become an authority your customers will trust. As an entrepreneur, you will find great joy and satisfaction in making your customers’ lives easier, more meaningful, and more beautiful.



ms7



I truly enjoyed giving this book a good read! It totally reinvigorated my love for business. It helped me re-evaulate things and give me a clearer picture of where I want to see my business go!

 



I sprinkled this post with images of Martha Stewarts’s prop room! I think you know you have made it if you have a space like that to call your own.

 

Martha if you are reading I’ll need 5 mins in there and a big bag that I can fill to the brim! :)

 



I’m off to finish up some final touches in my Living Room so that I can share some pictures tomorrow!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger My Passport to Style said...

Hi again, thanks for all of Marthas pearls of wisdom,your right its is soo invigorating!! Sharon xxxoo

November 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

This makes me want to make some rules, buy a cake plate and have a storage room for all my collections!
pve

November 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Martha's prop room has got to be heaven on earth, I would have a field day in that place!!

November 16, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see some of your projects.

November 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your recap of the book. I ordered mine and it should be here today! Tell Martha you should be getting a commission! Lol

And yes, let me loose in that prop room with a shopping cart, please! Ooh or her craft room.

November 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger bazaarofserendipity said...

love these!! ;) these did pick a winner for the shop bop give away yet?

November 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Thanks for editing the book down to its essence and providing us the cliff notes version (complete with lovely imagery)! Cheers to you Camila, looks like you're doing just great!

November 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

I'm with PVE and LindsB!!!

November 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've so enjoyed reading these rules!! I'm definately going to take some of these on-board!!
Have a lovely week :-)

November 16, 2009 at 5:55 PM  
Blogger Red Lipstick said...

This room (warehouse?!) is a dream! These posts have been great and inspiring. I wrote something about Martha on my blog and received a nasty comment, well not nasty, just jealous...I guess.

It perplexs me as to why one would not want to learn from the best, and that is Martha. I guess that's why some people will never achieve the success that she has. I love that you shared these with us. YOU are definately destined for even greater success!

xo
Shari

November 16, 2009 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Martha's prop room is like a store in and of itself! Thanks so much for sharing Martha's Rules with us -- it was a treat.

November 16, 2009 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

Thanks so much for these posts. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't wait to get the book.

November 16, 2009 at 8:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

loved reading all the martha rules- think i need to get this book for sure!!!

also loevd the pics of your work & can't wait to see your LR!!!!
xoxoxoxo

November 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

that prop room. oh my.

November 17, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home