Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vintage meets Modern

To me the perfect mix in a room is when vintage meets modern. It doesn’t have to go totally one way or another, but it’s nice when their is a touch of either.



I absolutely adore telling someone something in my house is vintage instead of saying Pottery Barn. Don’t you worry though I do have some Pottery Barn thrown in for good measure as well. Like I say it’s all about the balance.

 



I know not everyone thinks the way that I do, which is why I find it so special when I connect with someone that does.

 



Caitlin Creer Interiors

 



A couple of months ago I had the opportunity to meet up with Caitlin of Caitlin Creers Interiors. I’m so happy that we got to be ladies that lunched for a day and enjoyed some shopping as well. We are kindred spirits in both life and design.

 



She shares my love for Kate Spade, color, pattern, etc and most importantly vintage finds!

 



If you haven’t already head on over to her site and check out her Old is New series this week. She is filled with lots of great ideas to inject a little vintage vibe into your home on a budget!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Milltini said...

Can't go wrong with a vintage, modern mix!! Thank you for sharing.

November 11, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

At one time those vintage pieces were new items, right? Maybe our great-great grandchildren will be coveting our PB items and calling them vintage.

November 11, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger little luxury list said...

Definitely because most people or couples have eclectic styles and it will be reflected in their styles as well. My husband is totally modern while I am vintage and you know our home will be both!

November 11, 2009 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger Southern Aspirations said...

Love the vintage modern mix. And love both y'alls blogs!!

November 11, 2009 at 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the introduction! I'm off to check out the blog. Hope you're having a good night...

pk @ Room Remix

November 11, 2009 at 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i adore caitlin and her blog. alot.

November 11, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Modage...one of my favorite decorating styles!

November 12, 2009 at 1:10 AM  
Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

I'm a sucker for vintage pieces... I actually only have a few modern pieces in our living room. Thanks for sharing!

November 12, 2009 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger paula said...

she does have great style.

November 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

VM is a great look...now I have yet ANOTHER fab blog to go check out! Thanks, Camila!!

November 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Ms. Bright said...

P.S. your bath featured over @ Plush Palate is so cute!! We have tiny baths, too so I love to see how other "design girls" fix theirs up!!

November 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger No.35style said...

thanks for sharing!

November 16, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home