Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Recap: Woot, woot!

Hi all,



Hope you all had a lovely Halloween weekend! With my husband having to go to work all day on Saturday and me working at home all day long on my own little project there was really no chance of us making it out the door that evening to a Halloween fete!

Instead we ordered in, watched movies, ate candy and yes eventually fell sleep rather early. We were tired!



Since I have no fun pictures to share I decided to showcase my sissy’s costumes instead! Hope they don’t mind. I totally haven’t asked permission, but if it’s on facebook it’s fair game!



Sissy number one decided to head back to her college town for the holiday and dressed up with a bunch of friends as the Rockford Peaches! I think they look darling!





Sissy number 2 stayed local and decided to rock out as a single lady! I was very happy that the weather in NY on saturday was rather mild so I’m hoping this single lady didn’t catch a cold!





Now why the reason for my Woot, woot title? Well even though my weekend was pretty low key this Monday morning had a bit of excitement.



For months now we have been logging on to WOOT every morning to check out what the deal of day was in search for a Roomba! Every morning we have been totally disappointment when it turns out that the deal of the day is a DVD player, or mini laptop, etc.



This morning though we struck gold!



iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum with Virtual Wall



Roomba’s are on sale as I type for only $129.99! We ordered two! With two dogs that shed, shed, shed I think this will be the perfect fit for my daily complaining! Thanks hubby!



If you are in  need of one hurry over and snag one!



I hope you all had a much more eventful weekend then mine! Can’t believe a vacuum has totally made my day!!!



xoxo,



Camila

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger LindsB said...

You will have to post a review of the roomba when you get it. I've always wanted one but was never quite sure of how well they would work. Do tell us when you use yours :)

November 2, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

I completely understand about the Woot roomba...I did that same thing! Waited and waited & finally got one. We have a dog, and it's awesome for the pet hair. You will love it!

November 2, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I would NEVER have imagined that a new vacuum would make my day...until I got married, got a dog, and had kids. Our new vacuum that we got over the summer was like the best thing ever. :) Love your sisters' costumes.

November 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE the costumes. I don't think I have much faith in the roomba! I would love to hear how it works!

November 2, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Maybe I should get one of those Roombas. My dog wags his tail and with all the hair left behind it looks like a small animal laying on the floor.

November 2, 2009 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Dallas Landrum-Martin said...

I'm holding out for the Roomba that sweeps, mops, does laundry and cleans toilets. I ask for too much.

November 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

Please post a review! I have always wondered if these are "too good to be true"!

November 2, 2009 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

oh tell us how it works!!! i've heard they're great!!!

xoxoxo

November 2, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

ps- sissys look adorable!!

November 2, 2009 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

the rockford peaches!!! what an awesome costume idea, i absolutely LOVE it.

November 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

a roomba is indeed something to be excited about. i should get one too. 2 cats and an old house mean more than enough dust for my vaccum. he needs a girlfriend.

November 2, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Adore my Roomba, definitely worth a woot, woot. Only problem I've had is that it doesn't like black rugs, so we had to put blinders on its sensors (http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?t=7933). We only use it downstairs, so not a big deal, and if we want to use it upstairs we can always use virtual walls to prevent it from falling.

November 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha is it wrong that I did my laundry last night and the first thing I wanted to put back on was my single ladies leotard? Wearing it at work with jeans.

thanks for the cameo Camila, and you actually just made some of my friends purchase a roomba.

love ya!

November 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

let me know how those shedders like the roomba?
I can imagine my beast would be saying woof woof.
pve

November 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

I've been sorely tempted to get a Roomba myself (we have TWO cats and a dog!). Let me know how it works out for you!

November 2, 2009 at 5:53 PM  
Blogger Christen said...

Yay for getting excited abou vacuum cleaners - because I totally do too!

November 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute, cute costumes!

November 2, 2009 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

You make me laugh. I'm the same way- I would get that excited over a vacuum cleaner! :)

November 3, 2009 at 7:42 AM  
Blogger paula said...

let me know how it works. I have been pondering with the idea of getting one.

November 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home