Friday, October 30, 2009

IN HER SHOES: I SUWANEE & FURBISH DESIGN

My latest In her shoes featured lady really needs no introduction. In my eyes she is pure blog royalty. She has quite the following with her witty, honest and stylish posts. One of my favorite things on her blog is her bookcase of the day images. Totally something I adore as well. My dream has always been to have my own library in my home so I totally relate.



I now love logging on to her blog even more, because she is living the dream. First she started out as a design blogger that then led to her own interior decorating company, which has now lead to a store front!!!!!!




I'm so excited for Jamie and wish her nothing but the best! Today she has graced us with a typical day in her life now as an almost shop owner. The store is set to open at the beginning of Nov!

Check back in the coming weeks, because once this shop is up and running we will be featuring a new IN HER SHOES with Jamie so that we can how things have changed!


________________________________________________________

8:37
i wake up, angry. i hate waking up. every single morning. everything about it. sucks. i'd rather be sleeping.

8:40

DSC02384


pull on my gross painting clothes and come downstairs to find rowdy still asleep with his hippo

8:43

DSC02386


pile in the car, rowdy in squirrel costume, head to shop

8:47
we get there - yes the store is 4 minutes from my house. such a better commute than my last job of despair and stress.


DSC02393

DSC02392


my mom has driven up for the day to help me paint. she starts with a desk we're turning red, and i head to starbucks for breakfast.

9:15
time to check on almost finished pieces

DSC02387


i put the hardware back on this credenza - i took it home to shine up with magic potion. now all it's lacking are the doors


DSC02388


table i polyurethaned the night before is dry. this will be used for display (and is for sale too!)


DSC02402


then i vacuum, b/c i'm ocd and it makes me feel better

10:00
my sign man shows up with window decals ready to install! i've been sooo excited about this

DSC02400



DSC02398



DSC02405



10:45

DSC02390


my mother-in-law stops in with plants for my pots on the front stoop. she plants. i admire.


DSC02389


the street is lovely with fallen leaves

11:00

DSC02396


head down to basement to work on a second coat for a pair of purple dressers

1:00

DSC02413


dog park break. it's right around the corner.

2:00

DSC02395


back to painting. second coat on a turquoise coffee table

5:30

DSC02421



DSC02418


i head to anthro to check out their knobs on sale.


DSC02420


i find a few, plus some other delights (for the store of course - i no longer have personal needs)

5:50
to target. just looking for a trash can for the bathroom in the store. fail.

DSC02423


this was the only thing i was drawn to, but it didn't make the cut.


DSC02424


i did, however, find these delectable little victoria hagan lamps for a client. done.

6:15
to homegoods. need a mat for the front door. again: fail. but DID see these cute lamps.

DSC02425


consider them for a client, but decide against them b/c of the shade


DSC02426


oh!, and there was this sexy etagere

7:00

DSC02427


home, get brian meares, head to K&W - dinner of champions.


DSC02428


ridiculous

8:00
back home. new project. i'm going to hang a few inspiration boards in the shop. i'm using the god awful drop ceiling tiles that i ripped out, and covering them in linen. i am presented with a problem early in the process

DSC02430



linen stapled on. with brian's help, who complained the entire time

DSC02431



then i add pink velvet ribbon.

DSC02432



i need to criss cross the other way, but i'm spent. tomorrow night, maybe.

10:00

photo


interneting. project runway. brownie eating. back hurting. super glue on my finernails. living the dream.
_______________________________________________________

A big thank you to Jamie for participating! I know the grand opening is going to be a huge success! If you are in the Raleigh, North Carolina then you must stop in and give Rowdy a big smooch from me!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

I'm busy, busy today with prep work for a client meeting this weekend and then it will finally be the weekend!!!

xo,

Camila

Labels:

37 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, that sounds like the perfect day to me! I'm a big fan of isuwannee and am so happy for Jamie. If I didn't live a trazillion miles away I'd be there helping out! And, um, shopping. :)

October 30, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

Awesome! Can't wait to read her blog.

October 30, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

is it weird that this post made me cry a little?

um, jamie...you are a machine! i can't believe the amount of work you are putting in. i mean, i can...i just can't believe how you are maintaining health!!? did you take some steroids again??

every single piece in that shop is amazing, can i get an amen on that purple piece??

i can't fucking wait for the furbish grand opening. if you need me to come up and tend the fucking bar i will!!

i love you jamie!!! jaaaa mieeee!!!

October 30, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Great post! I love seeing the progress of her business and all of her pieces look beatiful.

October 30, 2009 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Sarah Ring said...

I could not imagine having a store front - living the dream indeed!! What a great day!

October 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Lala said...

So, so excited for Jamie! I love her blog, and the shop seems like it's going to be beyond fabulous! Go Jamie!!!

October 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Milltini said...

rowdy with his beaver and rowdy as a squirel is the cutest thing i have ever seen. i can't wait to read her blog!

October 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger Peck Avenue said...

love this edition! jaimie is literally living my personal dream and its so inspiring to hear how she really does it. now i just need an excuse to get to raleigh!

October 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger paula said...

wow, what a day. Love, Love the credenza. How exciting to have your own shop.

October 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously she has such a great job- I would kill to do something like that!

October 30, 2009 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

i loved that 'in her shoes' i bet her shop is to die for!

thanks for sharing with us!
jen

October 30, 2009 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Jill GG said...

I have an odd feeling of extreme jealousy and extreme happiness for Jamie. What a doll! I am already in love with her shop and haven't even been there. It is so awesome to see people living their dream. Love. it.

October 30, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Revival said...

I am a daily reader of isuwanee and am so happy to see her featured! i love that she reused the drop ceilings! can't wait for the follow up!

October 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I've got a tremendous case of envy!

October 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Devon said...

This is just the best column. Love reading about all the blog folks. I Suwanee is one of my absolute favorites. Happy to hear that she is getting it done with her own business...

October 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

The shop looks like it is going to be absolutely amazing! Go Jaime, go!

October 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when one blog I read features another blog I read...small world moments just choke me up in the nicest way! Oh, and that black table's shininess makes my heart do cartwheels. Someday I WILL be in NC and I WILL see all the glory in person.

October 31, 2009 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger ###### said...

this was one of my fav...loved it!

October 31, 2009 at 4:35 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

this girl makes me laugh every time

October 31, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Making it Lovely said...

You're so awesome.

October 31, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Jaime! I recently saw the same Victoria Hagan lamps at Target and etagere at Homegoods (but in red). How funny! All of the pieces for your store look delectable! I am dying over the turquoise coffee table. Yummy!

October 31, 2009 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh, what a great new blog to read. And, what a CUTE store. How exciting it must be to get your sign window decals up! Can't wait to see the opening day. Thanks for the post Camila!

October 31, 2009 at 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someday, I hope to "live the dream", too! Congrats to you! Enjoy it and take a nice bubble bath for that sore back!

October 31, 2009 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

love your "in her shoes" posts. i'm a huge jamie fan. best of luck to her. my husband and i are small business owners [www.thegreenlifeco.com] and yikes, it is so scary and so hard, but so worth it.

November 1, 2009 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That credenza is amazing.

Re: The thrift store (From a month ago...) - yes, it's the one! I adore it. I'm always sad that I can't bring any major pieces back here.

November 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Honeygo Beasley said...

Exhausting fun! Best wishes for much success. Pretty painted colors for furniture. Love the dog!

November 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Haven and Home said...

This was a fun one to read! I love Jamie's blog and I am obsessed with her dog. I would love to have a store one day, she is definitely living the dream!

November 2, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

AWESOME! She is absolutely livin' MY dream, fo sho! So glad you featured her, and yes, please get back to us when her shop opens - I don't think I saw anything I DIDN'T want! ;)

November 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger The Brick Cottage said...

Hi--I wanted to drop by to say thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I am loving your series "In Her Shoes". And I love I Suwanee and getting to peek into her day was just so cool. I've always dreamed about opening my own little decor shop and it's awesome to see someone in action doing it! Well, looks like I'm going to be busy today digging thru your archives and all it's great content! :)

November 2, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Pink Wallpaper said...

fun recap! love seeing the starts of a fabulous store!

November 2, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Aaron and Shannon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 2, 2009 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Blair Friedeman said...

I now love her even more. She is SO living the dream---such incredible motivation to step it up from the blog alone (like you!). I truly don't know how she does it all.

November 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I just love this feature, and I think Jamie is amazing. I LOVED reading about her day, her store, her dream...so fab. Go ahead girl!!!!

November 3, 2009 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Mango Gal said...

Absolutely loved reading this, so great and tiring!

November 3, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Sidney Wagner said...

You ARE living the dream!!! So jealous and excited for you at the same time. Can't wait to hear/see more! Thanks for featuring her today in "In Her Shoes" :)PS I am swooning over the turquoise coffee table.
-Sidney @ Eclectic

November 5, 2009 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Anny said...

How exciting, everything looks so wonderful and perfect :D

November 9, 2009 at 1:33 AM  
Blogger stewart and james said...

i am so excited about Jamie's shop! i love this post too that girl cracks me up. and no, i live nowhere near Raleigh.

-a

November 16, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home