Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blogger Spotlight: Joy the Baker

While design will always be my number one love list next on the list of passions and dream careers would always be a baker. I’ve always dreamed of opening up a combo bake shop/bookshop. Perhaps one day it will happen. Till then I’m happy with baking as my go-to hobby!

 

 



One of my favorite baking blogs is Joy The Baker. I actually start salivating when I see all of her amazing pictures and quickly bookmark all the recipes that I want to try. With Christmas right around the corner here are a couple of things I want to taste!

 



Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies:



Peppermint Sandwich Cookies

 



Red Velvet Black and White Cookies:



Black and White

 



Peppermint Meringues:



Peppermint Pops

 



I’m going to try and talk my sisters into helping me try out one of those recipes from above and I’ll report back!

 



Any other baking blogs I should know of?

 



* I just pulled the last number for my Effortless Style Give-Away. The winner is Kate who left a comment on Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:37am. Please email me at cpavone0107@gmail!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in love with the look of those peppermint meringues - actually, all these treats look beautiful!

December 22, 2009 at 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her blog. Do you read Bakerella too? I am ready to go bake up some of these treats!

Happy Holidays!

December 22, 2009 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I would love some of those choc peppermint things right this second, yummy!

December 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

I would looove the red velvet black and white cookies! Brilliant combo :)

December 22, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger Gray Skies said...

The peppermint meringues look so pretty!

December 22, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah Allyson said...

Ahh! why did you have to introduce me to that blog! I think I just gained 5 lbs! :) fabulous recipes!

Sarah
http://timelessstyleblog.blogspot.com/

December 22, 2009 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger nelya said...

Yeah, so, if you feel you need to unload some of those baked goods once you get going, feel free to send them my way. I'll be glad to take one (or a dozen) for the team! :0)

Ok, no way, I just did a double take and I swear it's there...my word verification is- "cookiest"

Seriously, pinky swear. What could it mean...

December 24, 2009 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

you should definitely check out Bakerella's blog. Her cake pops/balls are so so good. I made them from church before and they were gone fast, and very delicious!

December 30, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home