Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The New Traditionalists

My sisters were shocked when I mentioned that I was in love with everything at The New Traditionalists.

 



While my own personal taste is normally really colorful and pattern driven the stylish & some what masculine pieces in their booth were really calling my name.

 



To me display is everything so I loved their use of wood flooring and how it was in a herringbone pattern. Loved the massive wall covered with grass cloth and trim and of course I loved their mirrored signage.

 



DSC03284

 



This blue buttery leather sofa was my favorite. I wanted to haul it away with me. Add that punch of color with the orange side chair and an oval grey/blue coffee table and I was all set to give them my tax return and walk out with everything.



DSC03285

 



Their new pieces were even featured in the latest issue of Traditional Home. They are the mastermind behind modern kid’s furniture line, Ducduc and have now decided to venture into more grown up furniture. All of their pieces are designed in NYC and then produced in Torrington, CT. The pieces are made from sustainably harvested hardwood with hand-applied, water-based finishes that are non-toxic. The best part? Every piece is made to order. So you can have your pick between all of their finishes and lacquers.

 



traditionalhome



Here are some of my favorite pieces:

 



Armoire No. Five Sixty Four



1256832493regency_armoire(1)



Desk No Two Eleven



1261175300savannah_desk_3

 



Chair No. One Five



126919676015.4



Plus a little sampling of their kid’s furniture:



kidsfurniture



Now their price points are not for the weak of heart, but they are timeless pieces that you will be able to keep in your family for generations to come.

 



Love the look? I’m certain many of them can be replicated with thrift store finds. I love the mixture of wood stain and lacquer and it seems like a simple enough DIY project. Now I need to find a piece to play around with!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger The Whispering Creek House said...

im with you here! i wish i could own many homes as i would have a different style in each! i love almost every style out there..but alas with only one home..i gotta choose one and as many times as we have moved..you just have to work with what you got and tweek it where you land..great post!

March 24, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I am loving that bed! I can see why this place makes your heart go pitter patter.

March 24, 2010 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ohhh, I love a lot of the pieces you posted. And like you, it's not necessarily my style, but there's something about it that sings. Maybe it's the unusual colors?

We're about to change our living room to a brighter, beachier style and we have a gorgeous, dark Hekman oval coffee table that I love. I never thought about it, but painting it a blue/gray or something light would be a great way to make it work. Thanks for the inspiration!

March 24, 2010 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I'm loving that sofa, it is stunning and has so much character- I want one of my own!

March 24, 2010 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger Maureen Stevens said...

the details are amazing & that blue quilted sofa...adore! Classic with a punch!

March 24, 2010 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

Love it all -- especially their "kids" furniture (which I think would work for adults, too!). I saw this spread in TH over the weekend and meant to check out their website...going there now!

March 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

This is a great company.Their designs and finishes are beautiful.

March 24, 2010 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger alison giese Interiors said...

Saw that blip in the new TH, and went gaga, especially over the chinoiserie cabinet {sigh}

March 24, 2010 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Marija said...

I am very into that desk. And I dig the armoire as well. Didn't see this in TH - thank you for bringing it to my attention! Marjia

March 24, 2010 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

some good stuff. thanks for that look!

March 24, 2010 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

seriously...that kids bed in lemon and white, adorable...
I'll have to check these peeps out.

March 25, 2010 at 5:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I take no pleasure in having to post a comment that is not favorable for a small company but our experience has been just plain pathetic. We ordered a crib and bureau over six months ago and dealing with this group has been an endless pain in the ass. First the crib and bureau were delivered with shoddy construction - draws that don't fit properly, crib elements that were incomplete, absolutely no quality control what so ever. To the companies benefit they have tried to rectify these issues however my wife and I have had to take off work for two days plus endless emails to get repairs finished. The company refunded a small amount of the purchase but it is wholly unsatisfactory for the time lost dealing with issues that should never have occurred in the first place. To top off matters after six months we have still not received the toddler rail for the crib. All of this from a company that sells very high end furnishings - far more costly than even the top of the line Bellini baby furniture. Do yourself a favor- save the aggravation and shop elsewhere.

December 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home