Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap: Install on UES

Hi Loves,

 



I’m surprised I even have my eyelids working this morning. Last week was filled with loads of prep for my sister’s new living room look.

 



It’s great to do things on budget, but it’s a lot of leg work before hand. I hit multiple thrift stores and IKEA a bunch of times. Plus many, many, many cans of spray paint were used to give my thrift store finds a new life. I don’t think I went to bed earlier than 2 am any night last week.

 



The install took part on both weekend days. After a massively long day of work on Saturday we also had a birthday party to attend so this little lady didn’t get home till 3. Then got a couple of winks and went back into Manhattan to finish up the job.

 



It was a bit cloudy yesterday, but I still wanted to get some shots. So bear with me while I edit them and post the reveal later today.

 



Of course I love to tease so here are the before shots:

 



The girls actually have a nice sized living area with lots of windows and even a little mini terrace.



danielasapt 007



The couches were actually free from one of the girls relatives. The coffee table was also a freebie find that my parents found on a walk years ago.  Some things stayed in the room others were promptly kicked to the curb.



danielasapt 008

 



Ah the lovely red table. This set use to be at my parents house. It was all wood until one day my mom decided she would test out spray painting and decided red would be it!  We all hate it!



danielasapt 009

 



You can catch a glimpse of mom here. Doesn’t she look happy? Notice the evening dresses on the couch? Well my lovely sister decided that while I was packing up the car going on about 5 hours of sleep that it would be great if I could bring her some clothing options because she had an event to go to that night. Ah gotta love sisters.

 



danielasapt 010

 



Here is a sneak peek of what’s going into the space.

 

I’m so excited to share the space. It’s one of my favorites. I will be editing the pictures right away and then posting as soon as possible today. So stay tuned!

 



I hope you all had a more relaxing weekend than I.

 



xoxo,



Camila

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Averill said...

I can't wait to see what you did with this space -- you're right, it has good bones (and great windows!). I love all the pattern and color you're planning to bring in here...should be great!

April 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh yay! I'm a little embarassed I have to say of the before shot of our place but everyone will be jealous of our new lovely abode soone enough! We couldn't be happier with how it came out! Oh, how I will miss the red table.

PS - Thanks for the dressy dress!

Love ya,

Danay

April 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Mayra said...

Can't wait to see the final look of it!

I love the fabrics & finds you have picked out. =)

April 19, 2010 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

you teaser :)
I CANT WAIT

April 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

i can't wait to see it!!!
xooxox

April 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger PS~Erin said...

Such a tease! I'll definitely be checking back!!

April 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait! I'm so glad you included before shots so we get to see what you started with. I'll be patiently waiting to see how it turned out!

April 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

Can't wait to see! It's got a lot of potential!

April 19, 2010 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Sabbe said...

what a great looking space! can't wait to see

April 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really excited to see the reveal (way excited) and hear how your sis and her roomie like the look

April 19, 2010 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Midwest Modern said...

Eeeeeee I can't wait!!!

April 19, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home