Friday, April 9, 2010

Sneak Peek: UES Living Room

My little sister  & two friends moved to the Upper East Side at the beginning of the fall.

 



There living room has been a blank slate for some months now until we finally had a meeting last month and a plan was set into action.

 

Due to the nice weather I was lucky to get this week many painting projects got finished for this apt and if all goes as planned I should be installing it next weekend.

 



Here are couple of sneak peeks for the vision of the room.

 



Vintage bamboo lattice curtains ( I told you bamboo was calling my name. )  I actually picked these up way before we ever had a meeting. They were just too good of deal to pass up.



danielasapt 002



Amazing vintage fabric from ebay with all of my favorite colors. Especially orange!



danielasapt 003 



Jonathan Adler look alike piece of art that was picked up for pennies at a thrift store:



danielasapt 004

Blue & White Ginger Jar artwork. I picked up two for $6 a piece.

<

p>danielasapt 006 



I think you are going to love what I end up doing this fabric! Fingers crossed it gets here fast.



zigzagrust



Thrift store bamboo chairs that I picked up for $5 a piece. This week they got a coat of high-gloss green!



bamboochairsues 



Where there is bamboo you know I will add greek key. This little blue/white number quickly made it’s way into my shopping cart.



greekkeypillowdanay 



A classic stripe. You can never go wrong with a stripe!



ikeastripedfabric



Of course I have a couple more things up my sleeve, but I can’t give it all away.

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Full House said...

Oh my goodness I am loving every single one of your finds. Love that JA--ish piece.

have a great weekend

April 9, 2010 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

I know those chairs were NOT five dollars each...man! jealous here!

April 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger The Brick Cottage said...

Great deal on those chairs! I love them!

April 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger hana said...

can't wait to see! that vintage fabric is gorg. xo

April 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

$5 for the chairs??? Love everything..can not wait to see what you have done!!

April 9, 2010 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

Teasing us again... you are so good at that!!

April 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM  
Blogger Milltini said...

I think I need you to do some wonders on my apartment ;-)

April 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the apartment! I love all of your finds...the greek key, stripes, zig zags. I am moving to NYC in aug and can't wait to decorate my place!

April 9, 2010 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger Hamptontoes said...

I'm looking forward to the finished project! Have a great weekend.

April 9, 2010 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

It is going to be gorgeous!! Love all the fabrics together.

April 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

i love all the picks, Im sure it will be amazing!

April 9, 2010 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. Such a great mix of elements.

April 9, 2010 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the jonathan adler-esque art and the ginger jar drawings are spectacular. you are seriously the best at thrifting!

April 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM  
Blogger . said...

where did you get that delicious brown zig zag fabric?

April 9, 2010 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

Please tell me those chairs cost more than $5.
You have a great way of finding good things and adding your touch.
pve

April 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM  
Anonymous walrus studio said...

wow I love them all!!

April 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

i can't wait to see it! those are all fabulous finds, i love each one. will never get enough of bamboo!

April 10, 2010 at 11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cannot wait to see how it turns out!! jealous of those chairs. like serisously jealous.

April 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Jessica Claire said...

looks fab!

where ever did you get the fab greek key pillow?

April 12, 2010 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger Alexandra Rae said...

Okay I'm going to post that fabric (green lattice) under JEALOUS! That is my dream fabric and I can't find it anywhere anymore. Were the drapes bought second-hand. Scalamandre used to have one. Anyway, check out my blog header...don't you think I should have those drapes? Tell you sister some moths got to them and when you were trying to shake them off you spilled red wine all over them. Then ship 'em on out to moi.

April 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I cannot wait until all these lovely pieces are living in my home!!! We are all thrilled!

Love ya!
-Your favorite client/sister :)

April 12, 2010 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Love the wicker chairs! just add a seat cushion:)

April 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Pam @ bibbidi-bobbidi-beautiful said...

Ah, just got the answer to my drapery question!

April 21, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home