Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New project: 12th Street Home

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from someone in my town.

 



It turns out that someone was actually one of my sister’s best friends mom! Whew got all that?

 



Well she was emailing me to see if I could take her on as a client, because she wanted to surprise her daughters with a new look for their living room!

 



Only catch? Her lovely daughters were coming to visit at the very end of April and we only had three weeks to get everything done.

 



I came up with one design plan and two different color schemes. I love doing things this way for clients. I love having options so normally I come up with one main plan such has layout and furniture purchases, but then give them two different color stories we can go with and they get to pick.

 



We took our winning color inspiration from Sarah Richardson. I could go on and on for hours about her design style. She is amazing. All of designs come off looking magazine worthy yet totally comfy and realistic for a home.

 



SARAHRICHARDSON1



SARAHRICHARDSON2



SARAHRICHARDSON3 



Don’t you love all the creams and blues. My client did so this is this is the color story that came into play for our design.

 



While the room isn’t a 100% finished. The girls did get to come home and see a big difference.

 



I’m going over there tomorrow to snatch some pictures and bring some finishing touches so stay tuned!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Kerry said...

I LOVE that sunroom she did in her cottage! (Sarah's my favorite, without a doubt) What a great room to use as inspiration. I can't wait to see what you did!

May 4, 2010 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Thanks so much for everything you did in the room!! It looks great and our whole family is so pleased (even Sparky!)! Can't wait to see it on the blog!

May 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

we need pictures asap- I bet this is just beautiful!!!

May 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Jac said...

Yes, thanks again!! You did a fantastic job! Can't wait to see the finishing touches here tomorrow!

May 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah Richardson is amazing. I love everything she does. I can't wait to see what you did to the new room redo.

May 4, 2010 at 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

what a beautiful room, love all of those coordinating prints. can't wait to see how you translate it to their living room!

May 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh yea. that is way exciting. i am loving that color combo. cant wait to see pics.
:)

May 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Looking forward to those pictures.

May 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

can't wait to see your amazing work!!

May 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Averill said...

I absolutely love this room so I'm sure I'll love your new project. Can't wait for the big reveal!

May 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Sugar said...

I heart Sarah. I love, love Sarah's House. Can't wait to see what you did!

May 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Love this color scheme! Can't wait to see what you did with it!

May 4, 2010 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger lauren @ gathering moss said...

love this room, love sarah, can't wait to see your client's room. i hopped out of google reader to comment on another post, but it has disappeared! my to-do list includes making a fabric wall of drop cloths, inspired by your office, behind my bed to hide an off-center window, very much like the disappearing reader project post! great minds think alike, i say.

May 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Le said...

ohh can't wait to see what you have created - clever you - best le

May 4, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home