Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cool Ridder

It must have gotten out that I go around calling people darling and sit in the back seat of the car so that I can scream Home, James to Jon, because for some reason I now receive Town and Country magazine. Yup I’m fancy like that.

 



I’m not going to lie I never really pick up an issue of T&C, but when it arrives at my doorstop I will of course cherish it like all my other paper goodies that arrive every month with a thump that has me running towards my front door.

 



I was happy to go through it and see that one of my all time favorite designers was in it. One of favorites would be the one and only Katie Ridder. Katie has this great ability to balance a little bit of global, a little bit of boho chic and a little bit of traditional that just makes for perfection! Her work reminds me of what Anthropologie would look like all grown up!

 



Her work was featured in the magazine, because she recently finished decorating one of her parents homes.

 



Check it out:

 



In love with the taupe/grey shade she used for the walls, the tiled floor, the artwork, the light! Love it all.



katieriddertownandcountry 



Oh you know I love a good foo dog plus green grass cloth ah heaven! I love all the pops of green that she uses all throughout the space. I love her personal style as well! She could totally fit in with these girls.



katieriddertownandcountry 001 



Love have brave she is with color. She matches blue, with green, with pink, with  orange! Nothing matches, but everything goes perfectly.



katieriddertownandcountry 002

 



I totally have library envy. I always wanted a library in my home and this one would fit quite nicely with in my dream home.



katieriddertownandcountry 003 



I will back this afternoon with some of Katie’s tips to get her look!

 



Have you seen and loved Katie’s work before or is she new to you?

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

love her stuff :)

April 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I adore Katie Ridder. Thanks!

April 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger bluehydrangea said...

Love, love, love her. Can't get enough! Thanks for sharing!!

April 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

Love her. these images are new to me though - thanks!

April 27, 2010 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger Averill said...

Love Katie Ridder and her feature in this month's T&C (don't know how I ended up getting not one but two sent to my house monthly -- anyone know how you end up with a subscription?!).

April 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

I agree, very much a "refined Anthropologie." Lovely.

April 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger rosiecampbell said...

I have always loved Katie's work. Great post.

April 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole Marie said...

I love that bookshelf wall!

April 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I love Katie's work. P.S thank you so much for responding to my email! xx

April 27, 2010 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

she's new to me! i love her style — you're so right about her ability to mix colors and make it work. i'll be back later to read up on her tips!

April 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Great pictures! I love her work. Thanks! :)

April 27, 2010 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger pve design said...

I think Katie will be around a long time, she has enduring style with a twist.
pve

April 27, 2010 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger ashlina {the decorista} said...

i am so loving this...gorgeous!

April 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I. Want. Those. Bookshelves.

:) Laura

April 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous custom kitchens said...

I love the way you have done the decor...the beautiful turquoise sofa overseeing the lovely library.The multicolored cushions in the sofa...all well thought up.

April 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous walrus studio said...

nice relaxed vibe :) Love the foo dog!

April 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger MFAMB said...

oooooo a must have fo sho..

April 28, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

That is my kind of girl! I just bought myself the newest Town and Country (we cant all be fancy like you with subscriptions :) ) but and hoarding it like diamonds until my flight tomorrow where I will carefully and deliberately devour every page! Looking forward to her feature!

April 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home