Friday, April 30, 2010

Design Crush: Trina Turk

Good morning all!

 



While you are all sitting down at your desks with a warm cup of coffee or tea in hand  getting ready to settle in and make some damage on your google reader I’m at JURY DUTY!

 



I had my fingers crossed all week that my number wouldn’t be called, but it happened and as of 8:30 am I will be sitting and waiting to find out my fate.

 



Ok now that your all up to date on my whereabouts for today I can continue with my post.

 



I heart Trina Turk ! Truly I do it’s been a love affair that has lasted a couple of years now and I don’t see my love fading anytime soon.

 



Here is the lovely Ms. Turk. Isn’t ottoman amazing? It’s covered in one of prints for Schumacher.



trinaturk 



Here is another nook of her LA store. I love the morrocan tile on the floor and that groovy sofa with the pillow that has become quite popular with bloggers. I’ve had one in my bedroom for months!



trinaturklastore 

My initial love with Ms. Turk started with fashion. I love her bold use of color and they outfits tend to make their way into my closet rarely frequently! (Don’t hunny I always buy them at the rack!)

 



Do you that she also has a store just dedicated to pillows?

 



Check it out:



trinaturk pillow store 



I love, love, love that the hanging white globes give the effect of polka dots on the ceiling.



trinaturkpillowstore2



Not sure what store houses this dressing room, but I would like to move in. Bright happy colors …check, elephant…check…stylish frocks…check, ballerina flats….check and swoon worthy wallpaper that Jon will never let me have in my own house…double check!



Trina Turk Dressing Room 



Here is a peek into the NY store!

trinaturk ny



Plus when I’m off summering in the Hamptons I’ll still be able to get my design fix at this location.



trinaturkeasthampton



Have you seen her latest store in Bar Harbour? Love, love and love. She just has such happy places to sell her wares.



trinaturk bal habour 



I hope you all enjoyed the pretty eye candy!

 



Who are your favorite fashion designers that have an amazing shop to boot? Share!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger charm home said...

Hopefully you'll get cut from jury duty and you won't have to go through the trial. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I loved seeing all of Trina Turk's stores that you featured. I so wish I could go into every single one of them in person. They look amazing. -Cristi

April 30, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Design Esquire said...

Oh, good luck with jury duty!!

And I love all the color in those images. Perfect for summer.

April 30, 2010 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I briefly worked at FShumacher, we even had an onsite store attached to the offices :)

April 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Scientific Housewife said...

Good luck with Jury duty!

April 30, 2010 at 8:55 AM  
Anonymous MaxxSilly said...

There is a great story about her and her husband's vintage styled home in this months Martha Stewart Living. The place is gorgeous!

April 30, 2010 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger paula said...

she just oozes fun! I am covering a bench in some of her outdoor fabric. can't wait to get it back.

sorry about jury duty, blah.

April 30, 2010 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger The Gimlet Eye said...

Trina Turk Residential in Palm Springs really is to die for! It is out of control!
...I also love pretty much every Tory store. Little jewel boxes!

April 30, 2010 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

She designs with HAPPY in mind! Such wonderful prints and designs...Janell

April 30, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger Shawna Parker said...

MAxxSilly beat me to it - definitely check out this months MSL. Great article and pictures are to die for. Her and her husband seem fun.

April 30, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

love it! Love her! It's all yummy!

April 30, 2010 at 11:06 AM  
Anonymous walrus studio said...

very fun!! jonathan adler designed the new york store.

April 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Sami Jo said...

Must be the month for it beause both my husband and I got called to Jury Duty Mind - County and his was State... I'm breastfeeding so I got out of it :) him. not so much. Love Trina's design and vision for a room. Very chique.

Oh btw, good luck with your chair search :)

April 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Deco Aurora said...

Hi Camilla,
Im also a Trina Turk fan and was lucky to meet her earlier this month in California. We talked about lighting design and her store layout. I did a blog post if you want to see it. http://decoaurora.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-i-met-trina-turk.html

I have been to 4 of her SoCal stores and they're all so unique.
-Maggy

April 30, 2010 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh my god, a pillow store???

April 30, 2010 at 5:11 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

Good luck with the jury duty!! I love all the trina turk fabrics and colors, don't they make you happy?! :)

April 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Chic Coles said...

She is so talented...I have a plethora of her things (including some of her new jewelry). She is so talented!

May 1, 2010 at 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Home solar panels said...

That is a beautiful. I can see many beautiful items. Thank you for posting.

May 2, 2010 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger Hello Lover... said...

I love love love her outdoor line! I've been ebay stalking a few fabrics I want to use on our deck - love that ottoman!

May 2, 2010 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

she is my idol, all that color she designs- it just makes me giddy looking at it all!

May 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home