Friday, May 14, 2010

Pure Style Home's 5 stylish finds under $25

Hello All,

Lauren was one of my very first blog friend turned real friend turned I really miss my friend because she lives a couple of states away and we are both so busy it's hard to find time to chat friend! Whew can ya tell I miss her! I'm planning a little get-away to visit her this summer and I'll doubt we'll allow our husbands any speaking time. Anyway she very kindly offered to help me out while I'm away. I hope your enjoy her finds! We are truly meant to be friends because 4 out of her 5 picks are already in my home!

xoxo,

Camila

P.S. Don't forget to enter the Homegoods Give-away!
___________________________________________________

Hello High-Heeled Foot in the Door Readers! My name's Lauren Liess and I'm popping over from Pure Style Home while Camila's on vacation. Camila's asked us guest bloggers to share 5 Deals under $25 to Spruce up Your Home, so here are some of my go-to deals:

1. One of my favorite inexpensive linen drum shades is this one from Target for $24.99:




I've used it for a few different projects and here's a photo of it in my bedroom atop a vintage Chinoisserie flea market lamp:










2. I love mint julep cups & they have so many uses. This one is only $6.50 from here:










Here's a picture of one on my desk used for coralling for pens/pencils:







3. I like to use 16" x 28" pillows mixed in with other sizes on sofas. One of the best deals around is Ikea's for $19.99. It comes with the down-blend insert & a cover (of which they have lots of different colors/ styles):



Here's a photo of a pale blue one I got last summer (not sure if they still carry this color):













4. Another Ikea product that I use a lot of (so cheap!!) is the Felicia Throw Blanket for $9.99 found here. I have a few throughout the house & they do really well in the washing machine & haven't fallen apart yet.




Here's one on my 2 year old's bed:







5. And finally, now's the season for ferns!! You should be able to pick them up at a place like Home Depot or Lowe's for around $15. They add so much to a room -if you can keep them alive. (Even though I'm a fern-killer, I buy them whenever I can & put them in my living room, but usually try to take them outside to keep them alive)




{fern in our living room last Fall... May he rest in peace.}





Well, that's about it. Hope you enjoyed the deals & thanks so much to Camila for inviting me over!!


xoxo,


lauren

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Fargerike Dagny said...

Great list! I want it all!! ;)

xoxo
dagny

May 14, 2010 at 8:35 AM  
Blogger kerry said...

Hey Lauren,

I too am a fern killer! Have you picked up any tips from anyone on how to keep them alive indoors?

Thanks!
xo,
Kerry

May 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

love love love the julep cups. They have so many different sizes on the site...thanks for the link, I already bought a few. What a great idea for a post, I was headed to Ikea today, looks like I am going to have to search for a few more things.

May 14, 2010 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger A Perfect Gray said...

great as always, Lauren

May 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love your blog ,because of very colorful and helpful for finding same thing if I really like. The best thing is of your blog is you always give an address and price which is great.
I loved your son's room & I loved the curtains ,bed and carpet. Well actually I loved everything. I was wondering could you give us more details about the kids room.

Thank you & have great weekend

Gulcin

May 14, 2010 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I was wondering how the throw from Ikea would hold up...but a couple in my cart as I was doing Max's room and then put them back! Inspiring list, you can make a home beautiful with careful and creative shopping and stay on a budget! Janell

May 14, 2010 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger 1 Funky Woman said...

Love the lamp shade and I am a fern lover/fern killer too!

May 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I am so taken with that ship painting behind the sofa with the blue cushion, I think I saw the same one or similar in a picture in Lauren's portfolio - if only it was a stylish find under £25 dollars but I guess it is unique! It's wonderful anyway. Thanks for the finds!

I must admit, I am a fern saver! I like to find the littlest most ill looking ferns (the garden centre always think I'm mad) and make them flourish. Well ok, it worked one time! I don't know if it is because when it was really poorly I watered it with mineral water - I really love that fern!

May 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks, Lauren! I love the Target lampshade idea!

May 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

great deals, and loved seeing them actually in Lauren's home!

May 14, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger LindsB said...

I've been meaning to get over to Home Depot or Lowe's for some ferns- they always look so great in Lauren's house.

May 14, 2010 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

what great buys under $25! I havn't getten a fern in forever, maybe our living room could sue a little green!!

May 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Jules said...

Great list, Lauren!

I've always killed my ferns, too. In fact, I just bought a Cast Iron plant at the nursery this week. I'm hoping it lives up to its name.

May 14, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home